Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaw77 View Post
    I'm in the Tulsa area- the 1st - largest store I went to was sold out already - I went to the smaller store near my house to get mine
    a member on another forum must thave grabbed the next to last 2 days ago - according to his post
    I am on 4 other forums and each one has an active thread on this rifle and numerous buyers
    Grabbed mine from the Tulsa Hills store this morning. They claim to be sold out now also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a choice of taking the one that was a display in rather rough shape, or ordering one. I ordered one and paid now. Like others I opened a Dick's branded mastercard for the discount (and also picked up some squid grips).

They would not let me pay cash. I then asked if I could pay part cash and they allowed that. So I gave them 700 cash and put the rest on the card.

Do they come with Rail Sections?

Feedback Score
    mine did not honestly it came with almost nothing except the owner manual, a Troy catalog, some stickers, 1 mag and the certificate

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Called my local Dicks to see if they had any in stock. got transferred to the 'hunting lodge' and asked if they had any in stock. Associate told me yes, they have a few. Asked what the price was. He said 1099. I asked about them being on sale for 799. he told me that was only valid for select stores, and this wasn't one of them.

Sounds sketchy.

I'm in NoVA btw.

Feedback Score
    sounds like DC interference or deference to me

Feedback Score
    But does it except gen 3 pmags......

wait, trigger gaurd looks interchangeable.
    Last edited by zmiles308; 11-21-12 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The real blame for those scratches and dents need to go to Dick's corporate office. Every night all AR15s and shotguns with a collapsible stock are removed from the shelves and put in the back, then in the following morning they are all put back. In their infinite wisdom; these are the people who want $24.99 for a Bushmaster aluminum mag; AR's err sorry I mean "Modern Sporting Rifles" and collapsible stock shotguns are far deadlier than any other shotgun or rifle.

The Troy ar comes with a 10 round mag, instructions, certificate, and stickers. IMO the rifle was not worth the $1100 price tag but for $800 it is a steal.

For those who do the "Pre-Black Friday" preorder in situations were Dick's are sold out of physical inventory, be prepared to wait 3-6 weeks, yes I said weeks. The Troy's went fast.

O yea and if they try to sell you a scratched up gun ask for a 10% discount, they will give it to you. If you do not I can only ask why on earth would you not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaw77 View Post
    it was the last one and the display model - and yes it is buggered up - VIA mishandling by DGS staff and the racks they keep them in

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I dont expect to have my rifle anytime soon.

I forgot to mention that after i paid for the rifle i asked the Manager what HIS best estimate would be for a delivery timeline. He told me three weeks.

At that point, i refrained from punching the guy and calmed myself. Twenty minutes earlier his EMPLOYEES told me that all of their firearms are shipped from a warehouse in Atlanta and that they SHOULD be in stock in that warehouse which means roughly three to four days as per the usual transit time.

I knew the guy was lying to me all along i just figured whatever, for the price of the rifle i will deal with it so long as it actually shows up.

Here's hoping it shows up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You really have to take what they say with a huge grain of salt.

I work part time during the holidays in the "lodge" section; we all need a extra bit of funds for the holidays; and I am appalled everyday of the lack of knowledge the other guys have with firearms. Some things I have heard are but not limited to...

"Troy mags are the best polymer mags, SEAL Team 6 uses them often."

"Silencers and machine guns are illegal and not allowed for civilians, unless they have a "Class III" license."

"Bushmasters are some of the most dependable AR's on the market today."

"1/9 is the fastest twist rate in AR's."

"Fully automatic rifles can be bought at gun shows for under a grand."

"You can effectively engage targets at 100 yards...with a 9mm pistol."

However most of the guys are merely earning a paycheck and I have heard dumber things from customers.

O and that 3-6 week lead time came from corporate, it is not just here say. Hopefully you guys get it sooner.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Additionally FWIW I signed up for the CC but thanks to an earlier post here regarding the interest rate (26%!!!! ) I didn't use it for the purchase. I am not sure if they violated their own policy but I still got the 10% off just for signing up --- I plan on cancelling the card just as soon as I get it LOL.

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast