Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    I picked one of these up from Dicks on the 4th. I have to say it is a very solid built rifle with high quality components. I even opened a Dicks CC to get an extra 10% off the gun. Overall I think it is a good price for a great rifle. I will try to tear it down later and post some close up pics of everything. Originally I was going to pick up a LaRue PredatAR, but didn't want to pass up an opportunity to own 1 of 500 of the first Troy built rifles. It comes with a certificate of authenticity. I guess my PredatAR will have to wait for now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    wonder if the Dick's in NJ will have them lol. Other than the stock it should be okay here. Might have to check it out for S&G

Wonder if they will sell the limited capacity mags on their own as well.
    They will, they have pre-ban and post-ban. (AWB compliant and no ban)
    Last edited by Hehuhates; 07-06-12 at 15:13.
    L.L. this, L.L. that, soon as I walk in the place.....

Feedback Score
    Here are the pics of the rifle I purchased.

Feedback Score
    That's pretty awesome. I'm liking the roll mark. However, I'm not jealous of the stock. Although it looks like it is probably functional and has an ass load of storage space -- it's ugly as sin!

I'm curious what they are using for barrels also and how well the BCG stacks up against a BCM, LMT, or other high quality bolts out there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like an interesting rifle. Hope it does well for Troy and Dick's.
    Last edited by Boss Hogg; 07-06-12 at 16:09.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Just came from Dicks, they had gun number 127 of 500, I was reminded that it was a limited run about 8 times... The gun looked solid, the upper and lower fit very tight. It was quite hard to get the rear take down pin out a little harder then I would like. The bolt looked good, I didn't see any marks on it,Troy does claim its MPI tested.. The carrier was a gray color. For 1100 out the door it seems like a good rifle. Dicks is a tad bit pricey on the Troy parts and accessoriess . 18 bucks for a battle mag, 150 bucks for the battle axe stock, they didn't carry any of the sights but nice to see a seeming quality AR option sitting on the rack next to some less then stellar options for the same or more money then the Troy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe I missed the info in the thread but how's the weight on this? I don't see that information listed on the Troy Defense nor Dick's sites.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cell phone pics sent by a shooting buddy. He says the gun appears to be fairly nicely assembled. Decent fit between the upper and lower, etc. His only complaint so far is a lousy gritty trigger...

The complete rifle:

Troy's receiver markings:

Front half of the rifle:

Post-Ban 10rd magazine. It appears to be a 30rd mag with a clipped spring. The mag was full of followers to limit capacity. Neat! Free followers:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just walked out of Dick's with serial number 647, so there is definitely more than 500 of them, but mine still includes a certificate of authenticity as a part of a limited edition run.

I opened up a store card to get the discount and walked out the door for $1080... It seems like a whole lot of rifle for that kinda money. I had absolutely zero plans of buying a rifle today... But when my son (named Troy) has his first birthday coming up in two weeks, how could I possibly pass up a Limited Edition Troy rifle???
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    how much of a discount did you get?

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast