Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    I just got back from DSG. I went up there with a PMAG, 2nd gen I think, not sure. It was pretty stiff to get into the magazine well, and of course would not drop out when released. I did try the supplied Troy Battlemag and though it wasn't as hard to put in, it was still stiff. It would not drop either when released. Maybe over time, it would be easier? The overall fit and finish of the rifle seemed to be good. The front sight did have just a little bit of play, but barely noticeable. I think I might pick it up, because the price is hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    Also, though the stock does look bulky in the picture, it's not too bad in person. I don't like the overall shape for aesthetic reasons, but it does have a pretty good cheek weld.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Man thank goodness someone brought that up earlier

Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    Additionally FWIW I signed up for the CC but thanks to an earlier post here regarding the interest rate (26%!!!! ) I didn't use it for the purchase. I am not sure if they violated their own policy but I still got the 10% off just for signing up --- I plan on cancelling the card just as soon as I get it LOL.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I picked one up last night in Huntsville AL. $864 out the door. That store wouldn't do 10% off on firearms for signing up for a Dicks card.

P-mags are snug in the Troy lower, USGI's are fine. What is more interesting is that the Troy mag fits snug in a Double Star lower that I have. The Troy mag does seem to fit fine in my RRA. It seems to me that Troy has changed mag/magwell deminsions to try to push thier mags. However, I think that the lower is very nicely done with no ugly mold/forge lines.

Overall, I think that fit and finish on the carbine is good. The barrel seems to be a government profile(not a medium profile). Carbine with no mag weights 6lb 14oz. The barrel measures .650 at the muzzle.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have 2 dicks near me. Went to the closer one first Tuesday and was told I couldn't even pre-order because they were out! Had 2 in stock to sell for Black Friday so I figured that was my only chance. Had some time last night and drove to the further Dicks and was able to pick one up on the spot (which I think was a mistake on the part of the Lodge Lead Associate) but manager gave it to me anyway. Verified the Dick's CC will get me 10% off and picked up a second one on pre-order.

So all in all good find for me, able to pick one up at $755 then pre-order another at $755.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorn View Post
    Also, though the stock does look bulky in the picture, it's not too bad in person. I don't like the overall shape for aesthetic reasons, but it does have a pretty good cheek weld.
    Definitely agree with this. I wound up using it on a previous build, and while its gotta be one of the more hideous stocks I've seen, the cheek weld was excellent for me and overall it was really pretty comfortable.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    Definitely agree with this. I wound up using it on a previous build, and while its gotta be one of the more hideous stocks I've seen, the cheek weld was excellent for me and overall it was really pretty comfortable.
    Agree.

I was actually kind of surprised by how much i like this stock. I am not a fan of "enhanced" cheekweld stocks but this one, despite its size, seemed less bulky than its competitors. I wonder what the width measurements are.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I was also impressed by that stock. Its a bit of a beard biter for me though.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    Any range reports yet? Has anyone actually ran a couple hundred rounds thru one yet?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Those are a hell of deal at $755!

Congrats to those who have been able to find and purchase them at that price. I'm dig'n the Troy (Trojan Horse) rollmark too.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast