Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    My cert was signed June 8th serial #3--. Certificate says 1 of 500 with forged receiver. Came with foam in box. GH

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Dick's had 4. I purchased 2.
    I see you have 1 of them for sale on the EE already.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Here is a review that I came accross. The the muzzle device a brake or more of a flash hidder?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PORIF1s_VsE

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    I see you have 1 of them for sale on the EE already.
    Lady of the house wasnt too pleased that I purchased two. She doesnt understand 2 is 1.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    Why are people buying these?

sent from mah gun,using my sights
    Because they have pretty solid reviews, are properly made, and to spec. What more do you need? Why do people by from BCM? Or Noveske?

Funny because Troy sights appear on probably a dozen major MFG's complete guns now, and many of their parts are being sold all around the country.

Would you rather see people picking up Bushjunksters? It may be hard to believe it but chain stores can sell decent stuff as well... heck, Wallyworld is even stocking Colts now =]

For what you get, the Troy rifles really aren't that bad for the price. Time will tell to see if they can hang with BCM, LMT, Colt, etc... but it takes people buying them, putting them through their paces to tell so.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    Why are people buying these?

sent from mah gun,using my sights
    Why would you not? It's a great deal from a stand-up company. If MagPul was making a complete AR15 then people would be all over it like flies on shit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bought one the day before thanksgiving (got the BF price). Mine came with a full auto BCG marked SDI.

Magwell is tight - I can insert and remove mags, but almost all mags won't drop free (the exception being newer Colt magazines). A buddy on another forum suggested I repeatedly insert and remove a metal magazine for a while and see if it loosens things up (doing so for a few minutes has helped more mags drop free). Maybe the finish is a little thick? I know I got a BCG which didn't pass the flick test and working it for 15 minutes fixed the problem.

Might be something to try for those with mags that don't drop free/are tight.

Currently planning on selling the lower and keeping the upper (selling an old PSA upper from a rifle) and should break even, netting a FF tube and BUIS for free from the deal.

Also waiting to hear back from Troy on whether disassembling the included 10 round magazine voids just the magazine's warranty or the rifle's warranty.
    Last edited by Nessy; 11-25-12 at 07:57.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
    Bought one the day before thanksgiving (got the BF price). Mine came with a full auto BCG marked SDI.

Magwell is tight - I can insert and remove mags, but almost all mags won't drop free (the exception being newer Colt magazines). A buddy on another forum suggested I repeatedly insert and remove a metal magazine for a while and see if it loosens things up (doing so for a few minutes has helped more mags drop free). Maybe the finish is a little thick? I know I got a BCG which didn't pass the flick test and working it for 15 minutes fixed the problem.

Might be something to try for those with mags that don't drop free/are tight.

Currently planning on selling the lower and keeping the upper (selling an old PSA upper from a rifle) and should break even, netting a FF tube and BUIS for free from the deal.

Also waiting to hear back from Troy on whether disassembling the included 10 round magazine voids just the magazine's warranty or the rifle's warranty.

As I said in an earlier post, after putting some rounds through the gun and removing/inserting mags the magwell loosens up considerably. Nearly every mag will drop free now, with the exception of Pmag (2nd gens) which you still need to tug a little bit.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessy View Post

Lets use a little bit of logic here. IF you have to send the rifle in for warranty work WHY would the manufacturer assume that the rifle is going to be returned with the factory magazine that was included with the gun? On top of that, why would the manufacturer assume that the end user will ONLY use that ONE magazine.

That is like buying a car that can only be filled up at ONE shell station because the auto maker is able to monitor the quality of that gas...

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The base plate on the 10 rd mag is welded to the mag body. Ask me how I know?? I broke one of the locking tabs trying to get it apart. Troy would not sell me a base plate or 30 round spring. They said send it in for repair or replacement under warranty. I guess they never want it to be anything other than a 10 round magazine. The body and followers they use for spacers now reside in my spare parts bin. GH

Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast