Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Lets use a little bit of logic here. IF you have to send the rifle in for warranty work WHY would the manufacturer assume that the rifle is going to be returned with the factory magazine that was included with the gun? On top of that, why would the manufacturer assume that the end user will ONLY use that ONE magazine.

That is like buying a car that can only be filled up at ONE shell station because the auto maker is able to monitor the quality of that gas...
    While I completely agree with you, that doesn't mean what is logical is the case. It doesn't cost me anything to get a policy statement from Troy clarifying things. I mean, logically, you'd never want to sonic weld up the floor plate on a magazine because then you couldn't service it, but welp!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
    While I completely agree with you, that doesn't mean what is logical is the case. It doesn't cost me anything to get a policy statement from Troy clarifying things. I mean, logically, you'd never want to sonic weld up the floor plate on a magazine because then you couldn't service it, but welp!
    Not the case.

If you are intentionally creating a 10 round magazine to send it off to ban states then yeah, you definitely want to sonic weld the floor plate on.

I hear ya though.

Feedback Score
    Well, just finished putting 250 rounds thru mine. Used gi mags and an emag. Not one jam or hickup. Flawless. I shot my scar tonight too and it has a vfg on it and it was a pretty big switch going to the Troy alpha rail from the vfg. So I'm adding a vfg on my Troy this week. Other than that, perfect.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I gave mine the initial Frog Lube treatment and went out to zero and function test; 275 rounds later and nothing negative to report. I may end up changing out the muzzle attachment (probably the new BCM comp), but I really like this gun.

My other consideration right now is an optic; I am leaning towards another micro, I want to keep this rifle light.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone spoken with Troy about their issue with the magazines not fitting?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorn View Post
    Has anyone spoken with Troy about their issue with the magazines not fitting?
    As long as the Battle Mags ejects then it's not really an issue...Plus, MOST mags will loosing with usage. If it's just the PMags having issues then that's a Magpul problem I would think...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPEII View Post
    As long as the Battle Mags ejects then it's not really an issue...Plus, MOST mags will loosing with usage. If it's just the PMags having issues then that's a Magpul problem I would think...
    It is an issue there is reports of Battle Mags and GI mags not dropping as well. I dont understand why a company would intentionally build a rifle that will not work properly with one of the most popular and plentiful magazines on the market.
    JOHN 3:16

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crowkiller View Post
    It is an issue there is reports of Battle Mags and GI mags not dropping as well. I dont understand why a company would intentionally build a rifle that will not work properly with one of the most popular and plentiful magazines on the market.
    Perhaps that is the reason why these rifles are so cheap? They had a bunch of serialized parts that they needed to get rid of...

Just speculation.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    To the best of my knowledge Troy has an exclusive contract with Dicks for their Ar's, much like how Academy has a contract with Red Jacket. Dicks also heavily carries Troy polymer mags, I have never seen a Dicks in my district carry anything Magpul...so does the pmag issue surprise me?

Not at all.

Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast