Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    [QUOTE=Magsz;1452983]Perhaps that is the reason why these rifles are so cheap? They had a bunch of serialized parts that they needed to get rid of...

Maybe the the magpul mags giving problems have stretched lips when loaded like my GF! I am new here but not to guns. Why do these sites bring so many haters out of the woodwork?? GH

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Perhaps that is the reason why these rifles are so cheap? They had a bunch of serialized parts that they needed to get rid of...
    Maybe the the magpul mags giving problems have stretched lips when loaded like my GF! I am new here but not to guns. Why do these sites bring so many haters out of the woodwork?? GH
    are we not allowed to speculate? I wouldn't call it hating when Troy hasn't released anything publicly relating to this. this seems to be the problem with all the Troy carbines that were sold. My second one doesn't get here for another 2-3 weeks since I pre-ordered it. So we'll see how these ones do when they get shipped out.
    Last edited by C45P312; 11-27-12 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Why do these sites bring so many haters out of the woodwork?? GH
    Better question: why do we, as Americans, love to simply assign folks to an amorphous, imprecise subject group ("haters") instead of taking the more difficult path by asking more questions of somebody IOT clarify their line of inquiry, position, idea?

If "haters" is all you can offer, you can keep it to yourself. Takes less effort to shut up than it does to hit the Submit button, so that'd be an action that dovetails with the intellectual laziness.

Read more.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why speculate? There's well defined specifications for AR rifles. Throw a caliper in the magwell and see if they are within tolerance.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Magsz, maybe I shouldn't have commented behind your quote. The hater finger is NOT pointed at you. It just seems like one guy says the mags won't drop and it snowballs from there. I bought 12 Troy mags with my gun and they all drop empty or loaded. I tried a couple of a friends Magpuls and they dropped as well. I am new to the AR game so don't take my opinion with more than 1/2 grain of salt!! GH
    Last edited by GH41; 11-27-12 at 18:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Perhaps that is the reason why these rifles are so cheap? They had a bunch of serialized parts that they needed to get rid of...

Just speculation.
    Im beginning to wonder. There is also reports of some guns coming with semi-auto bcg and some with full-auto. My father has one on order Im going to try going with him to look it over when it comes in. He ordered it on my word that Troy nakes good stuff I hope it works because all his mags are P Mags
    JOHN 3:16

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    FWIW mine drops all my PMAGS but the Gen 1's; and has no issues with either Lancer, GI or Battlemags.

Feedback Score
    It seems the magwells will loosen up over time.When I bought mine it wouldn't drop anything.I kept inserting and removing the magazine and now its worn in enough that it drops any mag I use.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What are the mag well specs? I will take a couple different Pmags (no GI in my collection), and my digital calipers when I get mine in (been 1 week since I ordered, so I dont know when it will be). If it is out of spec, ill leave it with them and have them order me a new one.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKallday View Post
    It seems the magwells will loosen up over time.When I bought mine it wouldn't drop anything.I kept inserting and removing the magazine and now its worn in enough that it drops any mag I use.
    The anodizing is not thick. Magwells dont really "loosen" up. Your magazines however will wear, especially plastic magazines.

My 2007 production LMT will not drop gen 1 pmags despite having a TON of finish worn from the interior of the magwell from thousands of reloads. It exhibited this behavior from day 1 and continues on five years later.

When i get my rifle i will caliper it but since i have no real estimate as to when it will arrive i can only throw out wild suppositions.

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast