Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccarrier View Post
    how much of a discount did you get?
    You get 10% off your first purchase when you open the card, so in my case I saved tax plus 2%. I walked out the door for $19 less than the sticker price, plus a Mountain Dew.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JB326 View Post
    You get 10% off your first purchase when you open the card, so in my case I saved tax plus 2%. I walked out the door for $19 less than the sticker price, plus a Mountain Dew.
    winnar

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Cell phone pics sent by a shooting buddy. He says the gun appears to be fairly nicely assembled. Decent fit between the upper and lower, etc. His only complaint so far is a lousy gritty trigger...

The complete rifle:

Troy's receiver markings:

Front half of the rifle:

Post-Ban 10rd magazine. It appears to be a 30rd mag with a clipped spring. The mag was full of followers to limit capacity. Neat! Free followers:

That is a great idea. I have a but load of those followers and a buddy of mine wanted it hunt with his AR. Might work for him.

I just walked out of Dick's with serial number 647, so there is definitely more than 500 of them, but mine still includes a certificate of authenticity as a part of a limited edition run.

I opened up a store card to get the discount and walked out the door for $1080... It seems like a whole lot of rifle for that kinda money. I had absolutely zero plans of buying a rifle today... But when my son (named Troy) has his first birthday coming up in two weeks, how could I possibly pass up a Limited Edition Troy rifle???
    Good thing his name isn't Ferrari ! seriously that is Coo. Just bought my daughter a 15-22'for her 7th in Late August. I need to pull stock and pistol grip and paint them Pink! Ergo has pink rail covers and grips. I'm going for the rail covers might go fornthenpistolmgrip but I'm going to try the Krylon first.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Hmmm, an AR style carrier intead of M16 - I hope no other corners were cut. Very nice rifle for the money!
    US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Feedback Score
    dont forget the rewards card also. you get a dicks gift certificate for something like .033 points for every $1 spent. so $1000 spent is about $30 back. Not to mention, after joining the rewards thing, they send lots of coupons ($10 off $50 or more, bonus 500 points, etc).
    I dont mean to make it sound like i love dicks or anything (lol ) but if you have to shop there, get the rewards card

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
    dont forget the rewards card also. you get a dicks gift certificate for something like .033 points for every $1 spent. so $1000 spent is about $30 back. Not to mention, after joining the rewards thing, they send lots of coupons ($10 off $50 or more, bonus 500 points, etc).
    I dont mean to make it sound like i love dicks or anything (lol ) but if you have to shop there, get the rewards card
    Nice... I didn't even think about that I would be getting a rewards check on top of the discount. Maybe I'll use that to get a 3-pack of the insanely overpriced Troy mags.

On a more serious note, I had to qual one of the guys in my office at the range anyway this afternoon, so I took the new rifle along with me. First though, I stopped to get a mag spring so that I could un-neuter the mag as described above. The tabs were VERY stiff and I couldn't get either of them to budge until one of them snapped. Then, I was able to work the other tab loose and get my new supply of followers out. Once I got the spring changed and put the mag back together, it still held a full 30 rounds. I will try and talk to Troy CS about a replacement floor plate, but it's no big deal either way.

I finally got out to the range and put a couple of hundred rounds through it. The more I handled and shot this rifle, the more and more I fell in love with it. The stock is hideous to look at, but it felt good and was easy to shoulder from low ready/ high ready/ any other position I tried it from. The sights were zero'd (at least at 25 yards) out of the box, and they seem very sturdy. My favorite part was the free float tube. I thought that my Daniel V7 tube was my favorite, but I definitely like the feel of the Troy tube better.

In a nutshell, I am very pleased... I am sure my son will be too, a few years down the road.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice... I didn't even think about that I would be getting a rewards check on top of the discount. Maybe I'll use that to get a 3-pack of the insanely overpriced Troy mags.

On a more serious note, I had to qual one of the guys in my office at the range anyway this afternoon, so I took the new rifle along with me. First though, I stopped to get a mag spring so that I could un-neuter the mag as described above. The tabs were VERY stiff and I couldn't get either of them to budge until one of them snapped. Then, I was able to work the other tab loose and get my new supply of followers out. Once I got the spring changed and put the mag back together, it still held a full 30 rounds. I will try and talk to Troy CS about a replacement floor plate, but it's no big deal either way.

I finally got out to the range and put a couple of hundred rounds through it. The more I handled and shot this rifle, the more and more I fell in love with it. The stock is hideous to look at, but it felt good and was easy to shoulder from low ready/ high ready/ any other position I tried it from. The sights were zero'd (at least at 25 yards) out of the box, and they seem very sturdy. My favorite part was the free float tube. I thought that my Daniel V7 tube was my favorite, but I definitely like the feel of the Troy tube better.

In a nutshell, I am very pleased... I am sure my son will be too, a few years down the road.
    I've found that though Troy's stock is disgustingly ugly, I get a far better cheek weld using it than any other stock I've tried. I will continue to get them for my rifles, even if I look like an idiot doing it!!
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I saw this at my local Dicks today and it was ok, solidly built and so on, my Dicks had it for $1099.00. Also I'm saying this "anonymously" but you should read the fine print on the credit card, you got hustled...no offense.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justlikeanyoneelse View Post
    I saw this at my local Dicks today and it was ok, solidly built and so on, my Dicks had it for $1099.00. Also I'm saying this "anonymously" but you should read the fine print on the credit card, you got hustled...no offense.
    Hopefully not to bad (though I definitely didn't read the print...) tomorrow the account will have a $0 balance. The nice young lady said I only had to "use" the card, so I "used it" after I handed her a decent wad of cash.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

In 2005 Troy ordered a hundred stripped lower receivers, Stag was unable to deliver and conducted itself in less then honorable manner and took a year to deliver - short story no Stag content in the Troy carbine - how about the fact that Troys skunk works designed and are still in the running for the IC carbine program.

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast