Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusShooter View Post
    But I read on other forums that people are getting back only the Pistol-grip door and a "oops we are out of T-shirts" note.
    Fingers crossed, I was a pre-Black Friday purchaser.

Feedback Score
    I know there has been at least one guy that has gotten his pre-order, but has anyone else gotten their's? Just wondering because I'm still waiting on mine...somewhat impatiently

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorn View Post
    I know there has been at least one guy that has gotten his pre-order, but has anyone else gotten their's? Just wondering because I'm still waiting on mine...somewhat impatiently
    Got my call last Friday. Picked it up today. Specs of my rifle are posted a couple posts back

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorn View Post
    I called the local store Friday morning, was told they expected to get a shipment some time next week.

Im not holding my breath, but fingers are crossed.

Feedback Score
    I bought a display model one about 20 days before the black Friday deal was announced. Went back and they adjusted my price down to the 799, which made me happy since I originally paid full price for it. #3XX serial number billet.

Took it out shooting, and it shot great, no issues. Ran Remington .55 gr .223, American Eagle 50 gr .223, and Winchester m885 62gr throughout all without issue, 60 rounds (2 mags) of each.

Factory 10 round mag seats and drops free, troy battlemag 30 rounder seats and drops free, pmags don't go in the magwell at all, GI mags all that I've tried seat and drop free. I don't own a stock of pmags already so this doesn't bother me, I actually like the grip and rubber bottom rest tab of the battlemags.

I didn't see any markings on my BCG so I'm curious how I can tell what I have, either an F-A or an AR15. What/where should I look on the BCG to find out?

Overall i'm very impressed with this rifle, everything is lined up solid, though it is a tad on the heavy side (especially when compared to a DDM4V5). For $799 you simply can't beat it.
    Last edited by swatpup102; 12-03-12 at 13:25.

Feedback Score
    Where in Florida are you located or what store did u get urs from?? I called my Dicks in Davenport and they have not gotten Any in yet and he checked the computer for Tomorrows Truck shipment and None On it either. So who knows how long Im going to have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Picked mine up this evening. This is a really handy rifle and is well built for what it is.

The gas block is a dual set screw low profile model that has both set screws staked in two places The set screws are even in depth which leads me to believe the barrel is NOT dimpled but this is an assumption as i am not going to be breaking the staking to take a look at the barrel. I would prefer a pinned GB. There is also red locktite or rockset on the set screws, im not sure which. Im hoping rockset since normal red locktite will not hold up to gas block temperatures.

There is no wobble on my gun and if there were, i probably wouldnt notice it.

Castle Nut is staked albeit not as well as my Colts.

The lower receiver drops pmags, USGI and the included 10 round throw away magazine.

Gun came with a semi auto carrier.

Trigger is on the lighter side for a milspec, six pounds. There is a bit of grit in the break.

Barrel has no HPT or MP markings but it is marked 1/7 5.56.

Upper receiver has m4 feed ramps/cuts.

The troy alpha rail is solid, lines up 100% perfectly with the upper receiver and feels great. The front sight is a little wobbly but it locks in the up and down position. I am a two left footed mongo and i will probably end up breaking the front sight locking mechanism at some point.

This really is a fantastic rifle for the money and is hard to beat. No, it is not a Colt and no, it does not comply 100% with the TDP but again, for the money, it is a very handy three gun rifle, a training rifle or simply a fun toy. For serious duty use, look elsewhere as the set screwed gas block is in my eyes, a no go.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by swatpup102 View Post
    I didn't see any markings on my BCG so I'm curious how I can tell what I have, either an F-A or an AR15. What/where should I look on the BCG to find out?

Full Auto on the bottom.

Feedback Score
    Got mine on BF. Serial #23XX. Initially it would not drop the 10 round mag that came with the gun, but would drop many old metal mags that I had, plus would drop all the Troy 30 round mags just fine. Now after several uses, the 10 round mag drops free, but I plan to sell it anyhow. Haven't tried a PMag.

I have the FA carrier, but no markings of any kind on the BCG. The specs. say it has a Chrome Moly Vanadium Melonite coated barrel, but is there anyway to actually tell? Barrel just says 5.56 1-7.

Everything is tight........no wobbles anywhere, except the stock which has a little play. I got the trap door on the grip plus an offer for another trap door and free tee shirt for turning in the survey??? Haven't gotten anything back yet on that.

I've put over 300 rounds through it so far with Remington 55 gm, and Am. Eg. 50 gm.. I've got some cheap steel cased ammo on the way to try out.

Very nice so far. Fairly accurate, and less recoil than expected. Only complaint is the trigger, which is rough and somewhat heavy. I haven't measured it, but feels > 6lbs. I have a JP spring kit on the way and plan on a DIY trigger job. The gun itself does not feel heavy, but I haven't weighed it. I've been hauling around a muzzle loader recently, so just about anything feels light to me.

Any optic recommendations for a $750 range gun?
    Last edited by CZ Kadet; 12-03-12 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

West Palm.

Feedback Score
    Mine is 3xxx serial number and seems to drop all mags I have tried so far including PMAGs. I like this set up very much for the money. I added a Vortex Red Dot and a PA magnifier.

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast