Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    Yeah that's true, however they are supposed to replace the 15 carrier that it came with, with an f/a carrier, they won't just send the carrier to me to put in my rifle. Since I'm sending it in for that I figured that I would have them do the magwell at the same time.
    Last edited by skyhawk72; 12-05-12 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    No, and I mean NO, chain store, sells guns for less than they paid. These stores are chain stores for a reason.
    I work in a similar field.

To get our products in most chain stores, we have to make a commitment to pay for a serious amount advertising in various media, and all discounts/sales for the first year (pre-planned, 3 or 4 times a year) come out of our end, not theirs.

I think I agree that Dicks did NOT lose money on these.

Unless you are a major well established dominant brand, and even then, if you see a crazy sale, it's probably the manufacturer/distributor losing money.

ETA: even energizer, kraft, etc take a hit on sale items. loss leaders in chain stores are not random "lets lose money on this" deals. mayeb in small mom and pops.
    Last edited by chapperjoe; 12-05-12 at 12:33.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Picked up mine today. S/N is 3XXX, drops the troy mags, Pmags - windowed and non. No GI mags to try, but I assume they will work too.

little to no play in the front sight.

Bolt is marked MPI
    FA bolt carrier is marked 1b1b6

Feedback Score
    Does this have a mil spec buffer tube on it? Trying to decide which MFT Battlelink stock will fit this rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    Well if the rifle did in fact cost Dick's $800 (rather speculative I think), than they DID in fact lose money on the pre Black Friday purchases; after the CC discount I was at $720 before tax..
    You have to realize, 90+% of people never pay the gun off in full with their CC's. Most people wrack up money, and pay interest, therefore, they have probably made an absolute killing when it comes down to it.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    Just an FYI, I spoke with Barry at Troy yesterday, and he informed me that they have one more batch of f/a carriers coming in at the end of next week and that after that the rifles will only have ar15 carriers in them from that point on.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    You have to realize, 90+% of people never pay the gun off in full with their CC's. Most people wrack up money, and pay interest, therefore, they have probably made an absolute killing when it comes down to it.
    No question, agreed - esp at a whopping 26% interest rate!!!!

Funny thing is, you didn't even have to use the Dick's card for the purchase; just had to apply, you could have been denied at still taken advantage of the 10% additional discount. I already cancelled my card, I didn't want to chance an annual fee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk72 View Post
    Just an FYI, I spoke with Barry at Troy yesterday, and he informed me that they have one more batch of f/a carriers coming in at the end of next week and that after that the rifles will only have ar15 carriers in them from that point on.
    What's the advantage of a f/a carrier? And how much are they if mine doesn't come with one and I wanted to get one? Is this something I can just buy and switch out myself? Thanks this is my 1st Ar.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    No question, agreed - esp at a whopping 26% interest rate!!!!

Funny thing is, you didn't even have to use the Dick's card for the purchase; just had to apply, you could have been denied at still taken advantage of the 10% additional discount. I already cancelled my card, I didn't want to chance an annual fee.
    I'm looking over the terms of the credit card and There is No Annual fee mentioned anywhere.

Feedback Score

Question

Does Anyone Know If the Troy BattleMags Are Universal with Other Ar Manufacturers? For ex. I took a Troy Battlemag and tried putting it in a Ruger 556? I'm a Noob what can I say.

Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast