Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 007KING View Post
    Does Anyone Know If the Troy BattleMags Are Universal with Other Ar Manufacturers? For ex. I took a Troy Battlemag and tried putting it in a Ruger 556? I'm a Noob what can I say.
    Yes. I have had much better luck with the Troy mags in all of my lowers than I did with P-Mags.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    If you really like the Troy BattleMags, then AIM Surplus is selling them $12.50 each or in quantity 10 for $99.50
    (30 round magazines)
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 12-07-12 at 09:11.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fat tone View Post
    Does this have a mil spec buffer tube on it? Trying to decide which MFT Battlelink stock will fit this rifle.
    It is a Mil Spec buffer tube.

Feedback Score

Talking

It's Official !! Well I got it after jumping thru some hoops but it was well worth the B.S. Let's just say it was supposed to be shipped out from 1 store to my store on Thurs, so it would be @ my store today Fri. Well it didn't go out How convenient. So they gave me an offer I couldnt refuse, but the catch was I could go pick it up myself ( 1 1/2hrs away) = Luckily I was w/ family in a Prius so I was like Ok. After Everything was All Said and Done I walked away Saving a Total of $284 essentially Making my Rifle Grand Total $487 OTD !! Can't beat that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It's Official !! Well I got it after jumping thru some hoops but it was well worth the B.S. Let's just say it was supposed to be shipped out from 1 store to my store on Thurs, so it would be @ my store today Fri. Well it didn't go out How convenient. So they gave me an offer I couldnt refuse, but the catch was I could go pick it up myself ( 1 1/2hrs away) = Luckily I was w/ family in a Prius so I was like Ok. After Everything was All Said and Done I walked away Saving a Total of $284 essentially Making my Rifle Grand Total $487 OTD !! Can't beat that.
    that's like the best come up of the century. Good job man

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Okay I received my Rifle today My Bolt Carrier is Definitely a F/A like on the Bottom pic. Same color and Everything BUT No Markings Visible Anywhere on It. Is That Weird/Normal?? Also I Don't think it's a Billet Lower cuz on the Top of the Lower Receiver it is Really Smooth. I don't really See any machining marks. My Rifle Serial #0023xx was built on October 3, 2012 and Came with The Grip Trap Door Cover Installed. Built Very Well with No play whatsoever and the Battlemags Drop WithOut Issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post

Full Auto on the bottom.
    Last edited by 007KING; 12-08-12 at 00:10. Reason: fix serial #

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Okay I received my Rifle today My Bolt Carrier is Definitely a F/A like on the Bottom pic. Same color and Everything BUT No Markings Visible Anywhere on It. Is That Weird/Normal?? Also I Don't think it's a Billet Lower cuz on the Top of the Lower Receiver it is Really Smooth. I don't really See any machining marks. My Rifle Serial #023xx was built on October 3, 2012 and Came with The Grip Trap Door Cover Installed. Built Very Well with No play whatsoever and the Battlemags Drop WithOut Issue!
    If it were billet, you would have the certificate of authenticity saying so from troy I believe. Correct me if I am wrong

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopro619 View Post
    that's like the best come up of the century. Good job man
    Thanks man. This Only happens Once in a lifetime Trust Me. Especially with my (un) Luck. Now I just need to go fire it either tomorrow or sunday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopro619 View Post
    If it were billet, you would have the certificate of authenticity saying so from troy I believe. Correct me if I am wrong
    No According from the Armorer at Troy Every Rifle Made For Dick's Sporting Goods Should Come With a Letter Of Authenticity. They Considered Every Rifle for Production to Dicks as a Limited Edition Troy Carbine. Mine is signed by Stephen Troy(But it looks More like a Copy of just the Signature). The Date Is Handwritten. October 3, 2012

Feedback Score
    Okay My ?'s for u are in Picture #2 https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment...1&d=1354396080
    it shows ur BCG. Mine Looks to be like yours. Just to make sure...This is a F/A configuration Correct?? Mine has No markings Other than the CM on that Striker(?) part like urs. Is Urs a Billet Lower? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ajacobs View Post
    So I got a chance to take mine to the range today and zero the iron sights. Frankly it got to cold to stay later and zero the aimpoint. I have made some additions/changes to it, and the only other change is I still have a light to mount.

Why did I buy it: Frankly just because of the price. I would say that it doesn't really have a roll to fill other than replace my current truck AR. I currently have a about a dozen colts and previous back in the mid nineties I had 2 bushmasters and a RRA that are now gone.

I don't claim to have a lot of experience. I do shoot a about 8,000 rounds a year in 5.56 (winters are hard to train). I hope I never have to use a firearm for defense and while it is good to be proficient and I take it seriously, realistically it is a hobby for me. So I guess my thoughts are worth about what you are paying for them.
    General:
    I would say you are getting a bunch of eye candy features for the money (rail, stock that you may or may not like, nice pistol grip, trigger guard etc). The question up in the air is are you getting what is arguably more important things like HPT, parts made out of proper materials etc. Troy's website says the bolt groups are MP tested but people are getting a variety of bolts from separate manufactures in both AR and Full Auto configurations.

First Melonited barrel I have had - will have to wait and see.

I think it is a little crappy to have to register your serial number and provide a valid email address to get the pistol grip trap door to the gun. If you really want answers to your survey don't you think the free t-shirt is enough?

Trigger is a little worse than a factory colt.

Pros:
    Claymore Flash hider not as sharp on the end as I thought it would be, properly timed.

Battle Ax stock is actually fairly nice - just a little wide. 3 compartments in it and very solid.

Trigger guard is metal and I like it better than the magpul.

Like the angle of the pistol grip, but I am all about the moe+ texture.

Softer shooting mid gas will appeal to many.

Coming from colts with 4 position receiver extensions I like the 6 position.

I have DD rails. This is my first troy trail, although I have a ton of their rear sights. I really love the rail with the squid grips. Very comfy for me.

Cons:
    Doesn't come with Rail sections like if you were to buy the Alpha Rail on your own. I can even understand that for the price point but troy charged like 14 bucks for shipping a rail section. How about throwing in the mail for like a buck?

10 Round mag - frankly I think this is a dicks thing and not a troy thing. Every other ar there appeared to have a 10 round mag.

My Mags do not drop free - not as tight as some others it sounds like but this will be a deal breaker for many. I know I am a beta tester basically on the carbine, and I can even understand an error slipping out and I don't expect it to have to work with pmags - but troys answer about match specs is a real turn off for me.

I guess before I didn't pay much attention to the vltor/noveske keymod system. After having to take off the rail to install the back plates for the rail sections it makes a bunch of sense now.

I am also not confident in the ability of the front sight to maintain zero. I had just the irons on today. Zeroed the rifle. Mind you when I put the rail back on after adding the rail sections I used a scope base that spanned the 2 parts to line it up with the upper receiver rail. When Lined up the little stop on the left side that is supposed to contact the receiver, does not make contact. When I came back I cleaned the rifle and mounted the aimpoint. I moved the aimpoint dot to match up with the iron sights planning on taking it to the range next time and finish up confirming the aimpoint. Decided to move the aimpoint up a little where on one side the aimpoint mount was in contact with the rail. The dot was not drastically different than when it was strickly on the lower receiver.
    Last edited by 007KING; 12-08-12 at 00:41. Reason: added link to pic

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast