Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mags that can hold the dust cover on the bottom are generation 2 or later.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 007KING View Post
    Well I tried 2 Pmags I had and 1 Fit and Falls Perfectly, and The Other Pmag goes in Tight and Does Not Fall Free. As per Someone's comment on Talking to the Troy Armorer This is a Known Issue From Serial #s 1-3000.

After 3000 should all be Fine. I don't do Any Competition shooting so Im not going to send mine back. The Troy Battlemags work Flawlessly and That 1 Pmag worked Flawlessly.

I don't know how to tell the Different Pmag Generations Apart in Order to Determine which Gen. is the 1 that worked and Didn't. The Only Marking on the Pmag that I saw a Difference was The 1 That Worked had M4. Under this mark is a date dial with July 2012 on the side. And the 1 that DID NOT work had a Marking on the side of M5, date dial May 2011. I believe that's what the Dial does is determine the date but that Doesn't tell me what Generation it is.

If someone can Clarify that would be Great.
    both my rifles were SN 3000+ and didn't fit nor fall free of PMAGs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    both my rifles were SN 3000+ and didn't fit nor fall free of PMAGs
    WOW really so I guess The Armorers are Full of Shhh. That's the 2nd time I've got info. from them and it was Not Right. So Anything I hear I'll take with a grain of salt. So Are You Sending Yours Back to Troy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ajacobs View Post
    Mags that can hold the dust cover on the bottom are generation 2 or later.
    Is there a Way to Tell the difference between Generations? By Date? Or Markings? I searched and didn't come up with an answer. How many Generations of Pmags are there? I just don't know how someone can Say I have a 2nd Gen Pmag and it doesn't work, but Gen. 3 Pmags work and then do not explain how to tell them apart

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Is there a Way to Tell the difference between Generations? By Date? Or Markings? I searched and didn't come up with an answer. How many Generations of Pmags are there? I just don't know how someone can Say I have a 2nd Gen Pmag and it doesn't work, but Gen. 3 Pmags work and then do not explain how to tell them apart
    PMAG Revision M had "M" on the follower i think.

PMAG M3 should be easy to tell.
    Last edited by C45P312; 12-09-12 at 16:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    As I said in an earlier post, after putting some rounds through the gun and removing/inserting mags the magwell loosens up considerably. Nearly every mag will drop free now, with the exception of Pmag (2nd gens) which you still need to tug a little bit.
    How can u tell the difference between 2nd and 3rd Gen Pmags?? I have 1 that will drop, and another Pmag that will Not drop How do i know what Gens. they are? For all I know they could be the same Gen. thanks

Feedback Score
    I just got back from Another range session with the Troy carbine.

Got my scope mounted and sighted-in.
    I fired a few 5-shot and 10-shot groups at 100 yards , with a variety of ammo from 40-grain to 62-grain bullet weights.

I'll scan and upload my targets when I get back to a computer. Basically all bullets fired fine (no tumbling) and I think I got better accuracy with heavier bullets, but I need to review my targets to be sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How can u tell the difference between 2nd and 3rd Gen Pmags?? I have 1 that will drop, and another Pmag that will Not drop How do i know what Gens. they are? For all I know they could be the same Gen. thanks
    Without taking pictures and pointing out some other differences.

Gen 1 no way to attach dust cover on bottom of mag.
    Gen 3 Dot pattern on bottom sides of mags, and base plate.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mine is SS # 23.. , I just put an H-1 on it and sighted it in; range time was about 150 rounds. Lancer mags are hard to seat on a closed bolt - but they can be on other rifles as well; the Gen 3 Pmags that I have seat and drop just fine, actually ALL my mags drop fine (Pmags, Lancer, USGI, Troy).

Feedback Score
    On the Troy BattleMag, if anyone has the 30-round:

Has anyone else noticed a problem when its full there is too much internal resistance to the rounds sliding-up, they won't push-up fast enough?
    It feels like the body of the cartridge cases is scrubbing against the inside of the magazine, when its full (especially when using steel-case ammo but sometimes when using Brass) its like there's no tension on the top round, the follower spring pressure is all bound-up by the internal resistance of the rounds staggered? This causes a mis-feed sometimes on the first few rounds.

I've seen this on two Troy Magazines.

bah, I'll just stick to my Aluminum magazines and P-mags, they feed and fire fine.

And for the record, no magazines of any type/brand will drop-free from my Troy carbine, so its not like the Troy Battlemags are doing anything for me.
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 12-09-12 at 18:46.

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast