Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hmm odd, I have over 20 Battlemags and have yet to encounter a single failure to feed. In fact, my Troy rifle has been absolutely flawless through 500 rounds so far; low count I know, but I don't expect to begin to encounter issues either. Actually during some static sight-in range work, the ejection was so boringly predictable, all the brass was landing in a pile almost exactly at the 4 o'clock.

Oh and ETA most of those rounds have been Wolf.
    Last edited by BTL BRN; 12-09-12 at 18:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ajacobs View Post
    Without taking pictures and pointing out some other differences.

Gen 1 no way to attach dust cover on bottom of mag.
    Gen 3 Dot pattern on bottom sides of mags, and base plate.
    Here's some pics tell me what u think?? Not sure what u consider a Dot Pattern. But I dont see any on these mags. So what Gen do u think these are?
    Last edited by 007KING; 12-09-12 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Those are the Gen2/Rev M mags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    Those are the Gen2/Rev M mags.
    It's weird the 2 I showed, 1 works and the other doesn't. The one that doesnt is 2011. The 1 that Does work is year 2012. They Look Identical. Is there A 3rd Generation Pmag??

Feedback Score
    Nevermind. Just Found there is a 3rd Gen. and it looks totally different. With those little Dots near the bottom. Here's a Link I found http://www.magpul.com/introducing-the-pmag-30-m3.html

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    There's an orange search button that you should start utilizing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    There's an orange search button that you should start utilizing.
    I already Searched the Forum and Didn't come up with an exact answer. And from the Pics I did see the followers are Grey...Mine are Green. I googled Differences/ pics of Pmag Generations etc." And never got a answer that way either. So yeah I know what a Search Button is

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I searched pmag generation and got 1240 hits. This was #3: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13578

You may know what a search button is but I guess you don't know how to use it. A majority of the questions you've posted in this thread could have been answered with a minimum of searching. Instead of being spoon fed information, try actively looking for it.

Eta: I'm not ragging on you either. You're obviously new to this stuff. I'm just saying that you'll learn more by searching/reading more and posting less.
    Last edited by scoutfsu99; 12-10-12 at 00:34.

Feedback Score

Update from Dick's

I got a call from DSG advising me that they were overwhelmed by the orders for the complete rifle and that it'll probably be late January before I see mine. They offered to cancel the order, but for $703 I'll stick it out.

If there was an actual out-of-spec receiver issue, hopefully they'll have it worked out by then.
    Last edited by bklyn_irish; 12-10-12 at 18:48.

Feedback Score
    A guy I spoke with at Troy told me they plan to make good on all problems with these rifles, and that being their first completes, they knew going in that they would face some production issues.

My lower will be going back, and they will either mill out extra clearance or will provide a new lower with the same serial number.

All too often we see companies waffle and skirt the issue when they have production problems - HELLO, PTR 91, I CALL YOU OUT - when a little integrity and respect for their customers would go a long way toward building a base of repeat buyers and a good reputation. He even addresses this very issue, saying, in effect "We have worked hard to create a stellar reputation with our Troy Industries parts and service and intend to build the same reputation at Troy Defense."

Anyway, the proof of the pudding is in the crust, so we'll see when we see. But the first step was positive.
    Last edited by Bugs; 12-10-12 at 20:44.

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast