Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why are people buying these? They are like 850$ right? Are they to spec? Is this m4carbine?

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    Why are people buying these?

Post #323

You've asked that already.
    Last edited by Smash; 12-10-12 at 20:47.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bklyn_irish View Post
    I got a call from DSG advising me that they were overwhelmed by the orders for the complete rifle and that it'll probably be late January before I see mine. They offered to cancel the order, but for $703 I'll stick it out.

If there was an actual out-of-spec receiver issue, hopefully they'll have it worked out by then.
    Jan is a hell of a lot better then what I was just told, according to my local DSG... They don’t expect to see any of the pre-ordered Troy’s until Feb or even March??? Jeez…
    Last edited by Dee_NY; 12-10-12 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Post #323

Holy ****.

i have a terrible memory

Feedback Score
    Why are people buying these?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Post #323
    LoL, busted!
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 12-11-12 at 00:13.

Feedback Score
    Why are people buying these? They are like 850$ right? Are they to spec? Is this m4carbine?

Wasn't there a time when BCM was in their diapers that everyone said why are they buying "these".

Wasn't there a time when even LMT, Noveske, Mega, and probably every other one of the highly regarded brands around here were questioned "why would you ever buy these... because they aren't colt). M4carbine might be too new, but seriously?

Why would you ask "are they to spec". Spec as in what? Being identical to a colt? Other than that, what "spec" do you speaketh of thus?
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I sent mine back last week because PMAGS (2nd/3rd), USGI mags, and the supplied Troy mag wouldn't drop free.

I will say this for Troy, they owned their mistake, emailed me a UPS 2nd day label the next day, and said they would make it right.

Is it shocking they let them get out like this? Yes! I am far from perfect and have made an error or two million in my life. It is how you handle it that defines who you are as a person or business.

After an experience with Remington's customer service a few months ago, I won't be doing business with them again. Customer service and product support is becoming an increasingly large part of my decision to purchase a product from a manufacturer.

If I was going to spend my money and had a choice between a Remington R15 and Troy Defense AR15, there isn't any question the Troy would be the one I purchased even if it was a little more.

Reserving final judgement for when I get it back and put some rounds through it, but I a completely satisfied with the customer service division of Troy Defense.
    Last edited by Todd762; 12-11-12 at 08:28. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    Wasn't there a time when BCM was in their diapers that everyone said why are they buying "these".

Wasn't there a time when even LMT, Noveske, Mega, and probably every other one of the highly regarded brands around here were questioned "why would you ever buy these... because they aren't colt). M4carbine might be too new, but seriously?

Why would you ask "are they to spec". Spec as in what? Being identical to a colt? Other than that, what "spec" do you speaketh of thus?
    And they should ask. You and colt seem to have some butthurt going on.

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2010/09/27/what-is-the-tdp/

Feedback Score

update

I was an early adopter and got one of the first 500 billet carbines.
    To date I've put about 1,000 rounds through my Troy. I've notice that the trigger has smoothed out nicely and the mag well has loosened up a little to. USGI mags and Troy mags are no problem and the P-mags come out easier, but still don't drop free w/out some persuasion.
    I still have full faith in my Troy carbine, and I'm really enjoying it. Those who got it at the black Friday price got a heck of a deal.

Feedback Score
    I was able to pick up one of these before Black Friday at the sale price and got the additional 10% discount by opening a Dick's credit card. Serial number is 32xx. Though I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, it does seem to be a solid rifle. It has the full auto bolt carrier from Toolcraft. The 10 round mag doesn't quite drop free but all the 30 round Troy BattleMag's drop easily. Not worried about the 10 round mag as I'll probably never use it.
    Last edited by 2Below; 12-11-12 at 12:25.

Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast