Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justlikeanyoneelse View Post
    I saw this at my local Dicks today and it was ok, solidly built and so on, my Dicks had it for $1099.00. Also I'm saying this "anonymously" but you should read the fine print on the credit card, you got hustled...no offense.
    26% interest a little steep for you?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea I'm one of those rare people who hate paying high interest rates. However If you want a Dick's credit card I can help, Dick's always needs more "loyal" customers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    26% interest a little steep for you?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just finished up the Advanced Pistol/ Carbine Class with Frank Proctor/ Way of the Gun, and I ran the Troy through the second half of the day (300 +/- rounds through it). It ran as good as any AR I've ever had. I REALLY liked the Battle Grip, which I didn't think I'd be too excited about. The angle, general feel, and ergonomics of the grip fit me very well.

The only con so far is that it did NOT like P-Mags. It took considerable effort to get P-Mags seated, and there were a few incidents during reload drills where I thought I had it seated when I actually didn't, which wasn't a pleasant thing. Granted te rifle is brand new, and the mags I had with me are all pretty new as well, so we'll see if those problems work themselves out. All other things considered, this may be my new favorite rifle.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Nice looking rifles indeed.

Feedback Score
    I am wondering about the logic behind the semi-auto BCG. Also, what have these been running for at you all's local Dick's? The Alpha Rail looks nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FChen17213 View Post
    Also, what have these been running for at you all's local Dick's? The Alpha Rail looks nice.
    $1099

Feedback Score
    i as well was in a dick`s sporting goods store and saw the rifle as well as sight`s and a trove of troy accessories!this was in wesley chapel,florida

Feedback Score
    I got to handle one of these today at Dicks. It felt very nice and well put together. For $1099, that is a very good deal, including the Alpha Rail, Battle Ax stock, BUIS, and Troy flash hider. I think these will be flying off the shelves.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

[deleted]
    Last edited by HKBanger; 10-28-12 at 15:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I finally got into the local Dick's and picked up one of these. Overall it seems like a nice enough piece. I like the new Troy pistol grip but the stock is rather loose and rattles on the buffer tube.

The billet lower is okay but does have a few machine marks. Nothing too major and it certainly won't hurt anything. The certificate in the box says that only 500 rifles will have the machined lower. There was another Troy rifle in the rack and the kid behind the counter told me it was serial number 1100-something. I didn't think to look and see if it had a conventional forged lower or not. Can anyone comment?

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast