Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    The word is that DSG is cancelling the back ordered Troy's. Supposedly they are refunding money along with a gift certificate.

Another that talked to a manager wrote "Instead Dick's is sending out checks w/ a $100 gift certificate."

I feel that DSG is making some long term mistakes. I will avoid them if this is true.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I no longer do business with DSG after the crap they just recently pulled.

That being say, I wonder who will be distributing the Troy rifles from here on out? They were supposed to be releasing a couple of new Troy rifles as well but I'm guessing that is no longer going to happen any time soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can confirm, after talking to my local DSG in Dallas yesterday, that they are canceling pre-orders and issuing refunds along with a gift certificate. I called after a guy in San Antonio posted the same on another forum.

My local DSG is blaming Troy. >:-[ I will no longer do any business with DSG and plan on letting corporate know on Monday.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    How can they blame it on Troy? That's insanity. Dick's reminded us why they call themselves that when they stopped selling evil black rifles because some loon shot up a bunch of kids.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So is that it? They can just screw over their customers at the snap of a finger? This is not just an inconvenience where you have to take your business somewhere else, you can't get an AR anywhere right now, let alone at that or the normal price point. Hell no one else even sells the Troy Carbine. Is there nothing that we as a group can do to put pressure on them? Besides complaining to their corporate office

Feedback Score
    I called my local Dicks today for my Dad and was told they are still going to fill the backorder and to expect it in mid January. Very good possibility they havent been informed by corporate, either way Im done with Dicks.
    JOHN 3:16

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee_NY View Post
    So is that it? They can just screw over their customers at the snap of a finger? This is not just an inconvenience where you have to take your business somewhere else, you can't get an AR anywhere right now, let alone at that or the normal price point. Hell no one else even sells the Troy Carbine. Is there nothing that we as a group can do to put pressure on them? Besides complaining to their corporate office
    I am not surprised by this. Dicks is based in Pittsburgh.

This is a link to the corporate number. http://ecorporateoffices.com/DicksSportingGoods-2832

The CEO information is in this link :

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...asp?ticker=DKS

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I got a rain check on one of these and was pretty excited as it was set up exactly how I wanted and it was the best NY ban compliant AR that was available to me for that price by far. (I'm an LEO but wanted a ban compliant model for when that eventually changes.) While waiting I went to a local gun store to see if they had anything else that was decent for the price. I passed on a used Colt 6721 (also $799) to wait some more for the Troy.

After the Dick's announcement I called and they told me I shouldn't bother waiting anymore. I went back to the gun store. They still had the 6721 but now it was 999. Nice. I went for it anyway since the line was 3 hours long and Colt's are like unicorns in NY. I figured I should grab it before it was gone or went up to $2000.

I think a really ugly new ban is coming in NY and very soon since there is really no political opposition to gun control here right now. I also don't see Dick's selling these anytime in the forseeable future since they used a horrible event to make themselves look good and if they're caught going back on this in anyway they'll loose all the BS PR capital they just grabbed. They really earned their name on this one but if for some reason they do come through I'll buy it, flip it and fund setting up my Colt.

This is a crappy first post. I've been reading and trying to learn here for a long time but haven't had the money for a decent AR of my own until now.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Just got off the phone with Dicks and their response was "corporate will be contacting everyone who pre-ordered a troy."
    Last edited by thepatriot2705; 12-23-12 at 19:24. Reason: Forum member request

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    In the future please refer to the retailer in question as "Dicks".

DSG Arrms is a reputable firearms retailer, and there should be no confusion between the two.

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast