Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    Dick's Sporting goods stores also took-down all of their full-capacity magazines such as the Troy BattleMags, Ruger BX-25's Etc.

Also they tightened-up their coupon policy, the usual "$10 off" coupons they send you are no-good for firearms or ammo or anything else fun you might possibly want to buy.

No reason for me to ever visit Dick's anymore.
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 12-23-12 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusShooter View Post
    Dick's Sporting goods stores also took-down all of their full-capacity magazines such as the Troy BattleMags, Ruger BX-25's Etc.

Also they tightened-up their coupon policy, the usual "$10 off" coupons they send you are no-good for firearms or ammo or anything else fun you might possibly want to buy.

No reason for me to ever visit Dick's anymore.
    This is such B.S. I was going to use it on Mags too. So There's Nothing I need from them Anymore Ever. Unless they have a Good scope or something for an AR, but I doubt it. I guess IF they Ever get AMMO in I'll Use my Rewards Bonus Points on that.

Feedback Score
    heres the low down. since dicks decided to stop selling " modern sporting rifles" dicks and troy are no longer married.troy needs to find another retailer. so they are not going to be filling any of the backorders. all of us that were waiting got ****ed. not you cant even find an ar15 unless you want to pay 3x what its worth. they are going to be mailing refund checks starting tommorrow with a measly $100 dollar gift card plus your refund. that 100 dollars will go a long way to cover the markup on ar15's going on right now. call your local dicks raise hell, they didnt even have the courtesy to call anyone and let them know.

Feedback Score
    Got a letter from dicks today. Orders have been canceled and they sent me a $100 gift card. I'm pissed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Poor form on Dicks. I initially thought they might just not be able to get the backorders filled from Troy but seeing they even pulled high capacity Ruger 10-22 magazines, I see this is a deliberate corporate move by Dicks. Like all consumers, we have choice in our future purchases. I will exercise that choice by purchasing any sporting good items from another store in the future.

I have had nothing but excellent customer service from Troy, I am pretty confident this decision by Dicks was not influenced by Troy Defense in anyway.
    Last edited by Todd762; 12-24-12 at 11:43. Reason: to clarify=Corporate move by Dicks, not Troy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by unit5 View Post
    heres the low down. since dicks decided to stop selling " modern sporting rifles" dicks and troy are no longer married.troy needs to find another retailer. so they are not going to be filling any of the backorders. all of us that were waiting got ****ed. not you cant even find an ar15 unless you want to pay 3x what its worth. they are going to be mailing refund checks starting tommorrow with a measly $100 dollar gift card plus your refund. that 100 dollars will go a long way to cover the markup on ar15's going on right now. call your local dicks raise hell, they didnt even have the courtesy to call anyone and let them know.
    Frack that, If Troy refused to fulfill the backorders because of Dicks BS decision to stop selling the evil AR then Troy is just as much at fault and needs to be set straight. I say we band together, take roll call as to how many of us got screwed over and launch a PR campaign against them both. We can all start by calling both their corporate offices on the same day asking to speak to the same contact person and overwhelm the hell out of them until something is done. Troy can honor the sales if they wanted to by shipping the rifles to Dicks or our local FFL's.

We can create and dedicate a face book page to them bashing the crape out of them both telling everyone how they screwed us over, hell we can do the same on all the forums, twitter, even on youtube. In fact IMHO this is worse for Troy then Dicks because Troy is now a firearm manufacture and this is how they are going to treat their targeted consumers.

Let's review... On or about the week of November 23, 2012 we all went to our local Dicks, purchased / backordered the Troy rifle thus entering into a contract with both Dicks and Troy. We could have bought any other brand rifle, we could have bought that any other brand rifle at Dicks or any other sporting outlet, but we didn't. We trusted both Dicks and Troy to fulfill their obligations to us and now they are choosing not to!

Now my questions are these... What can and what are we going to do about it, because it seems to me that both Dicks and Troy are falling in line with the very same politicians today who are trying to screw us over! If anything Troy should be outraged at what Dicks did and should be fully supportive of us by fulfilling the backorders themselves.

Feedback Score
    It's not troys fault it's dicks. Even if troy shipped the rifles to the dicks warehouses they would not distribute them to the stores. There is even a rumor that there are some at the warehouses but they put a stop ship on all of them. Dicks is just anti ar15. I'm pissed too but there's not much we can do. Just take our business elsewere

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee_NY View Post
    Frack that, If Troy refused to fulfill the backorders because of Dicks BS decision to stop selling the evil AR then Troy is just as much at fault and needs to be set straight. I say we band together, take roll call as to how many of us got screwed over and launch a PR campaign against them both. We can all start by calling both their corporate offices on the same day asking to speak to the same contact person and overwhelm the hell out of them until something is done. Troy can honor the sales if they wanted to by shipping the rifles to Dicks or our local FFL's.

We can create and dedicate a face book page to them bashing the crape out of them both telling everyone how they screwed us over, hell we can do the same on all the forums, twitter, even on youtube. In fact IMHO this is worse for Troy then Dicks because Troy is now a firearm manufacture and this is how they are going to treat their targeted consumers.

Let's review... On or about the week of November 23, 2012 we all went to our local Dicks, purchased / backordered the Troy rifle thus entering into a contract with both Dicks and Troy. We could have bought any other brand rifle, we could have bought that any other brand rifle at Dicks or any other sporting outlet, but we didn't. We trusted both Dicks and Troy to fulfill their obligations to us and now they are choosing not to!

Now my questions are these... What can and what are we going to do about it, because it seems to me that both Dicks and Troy are falling in line with the very same politicians today who are trying to screw us over! If anything Troy should be outraged at what Dicks did and should be fully supportive of us by fulfilling the backorders themselves.
    I'm all in for a class action lawsuit. In my opinion there is clear evidence of breach of contract and several friends in the law industry agree with me. But first thing first is that we need to find out if it is just Dicks or both. If Dick's canceled the contract with Troy and sent the rifles back, I don't want to blame an innocent company. Personally I have already spoke to a store manager who said "im not allowed to discuss the matter," and I will be calling Troy, Dicks, and the NRA on Wednesday. The NRA has deep enough pockets to take on Dicks if they're willing to help.

Feedback Score
    If there was a class action law suit what could we possibly get out of it? They're not going to give us our rifles. Maybe get interest for one month on what we paid for them since they held out money?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    I'm all in for a class action lawsuit. In my opinion there is clear evidence of breach of contract and several friends in the law industry agree with me. But first thing first is that we need to find out if it is just Dicks or both. If Dick's canceled the contract with Troy and sent the rifles back, I don't want to blame an innocent company. Personally I have already spoke to a store manager who said "im not allowed to discuss the matter," and I will be calling Troy, Dicks, and the NRA on Wednesday. The NRA has deep enough pockets to take on Dicks if they're willing to help.
    I agree on not wanting to blame Troy if they held up their end of the bargain!!! I was also thinking BOC, but didn't consider calling the NRA for help, good thinking!!! See this is what we as a group need to do... Keep posting you're thoughts and suggestions on how we can get this fixed!

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast