Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    This is completely baffling. How could dicks be blaming Troy? Are they assuming that no one noticed that they made a big public announcement suspending the sale of these types of rifles. If they were still selling ARs but these were just long back ordered I could see wondering what was going on with Troy, but that's not what happened. Troy is still willing to sell me all types of AR related items, dicks not so much.
    I guess Dick's is blaming Troy for not being able to supply the rifle fast enough, so they decided to stop accepting orders. With that being said it is still not Troy's fault as they did not give Dick's permission to back order as many rifles as they wanted to.

Feedback Score
    What's odd is my local Dick's still had Troy's both on display and in stock - why would they not fill back orders where they can with this stock?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dick's made a public announcement on the Monday after the shooting that they were pulling all "AR style" rifles from their shelves. Interesting they are back peddling at the moment with the firearms community, but I highly doubt we will see the Troy rifle back on the Dick's shelves.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just posted on Face book by Troy

Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult and transitory time.

Best regards,

Stephen Troy
    CEO & Founder
    The Troy Group
    www.troydefense.com
    www.troyind.com
    www.troyprepared.com
    Last edited by Sone; 12-26-12 at 20:26.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Wolvee; 12-26-12 at 21:41.
    In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome.

Feedback Score
    Cross Posting for someone on AR15.com:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_397/2...N_INSIDE_.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrwrx View Post
    Cross Posting for someone on AR15.com:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_397/2...N_INSIDE_.html
    Be careful, I have seen this post on multiple forums and the guy refuses to name who the legal counsel is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Be careful, I have seen this post on multiple forums and the guy refuses to name who the legal counsel is.
    Probably one of the well known lawyers on the local MI board he belongs to. I was simply doing him a favory, I have no ties to him or his legal recourse

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrwrx View Post
    Probably one of the well known lawyers on the local MI board he belongs to. I was simply doing him a favory, I have no ties to him or his legal recourse
    I just like to be cautious before sending my information to a random gmail account on the internet. I find it funny that every post related to that lawsuit comes from a new poster to the board.
    Last edited by thepatriot2705; 12-27-12 at 01:39.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Good for Troy. They need to work with a respectable company, which in my eyes Dick's Sporting Goods certainly is not. I hope they find a new distributor ASAP.

Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast