Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score

Troy Industries complete rifle

Quote Originally Posted by SurplusShooter View Post
    Here is my report of accuracy and various ammo:
    It's been ~11 months now, does anyone else have target scans they can post, or other quantitative accuracy results from these rifles?
    I've seen statements in this thread like "accuracy OK", but can we get some measurements of _Typical_ (not "best group") accuracy?
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 11-26-13 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't have any scans handy at the moment, but I can expect about 1.5-2" groups with PMC using a mag monopod prone; are you not getting the accuracy you think you should be? I have never tried match ammo or shooting from a true bench rest, but I recall that I had very good groupings with Federal Fusion/Gold Dots; probably right around 1".

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    I can expect about 1.5-2" groups with PMC using a mag monopod prone; are you not getting the accuracy you think you should be?
    What distance? How many shots per group? And how does that compare to the worst group vs the best group you've gotten?

Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    are you not getting the accuracy you think you should be?
    Not sure what I realistically should be getting, I guess that's part of the reason I'm asking for data.
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 11-26-13 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusShooter View Post
    What distance? How many shots per group? And how does that compare to the worst group vs the best group you've gotten?

Not sure what I realistically should be getting, I guess that's part of the reason I'm asking for data.
    5 shot groups at 100 meters (I have a TA-33 on it), certainly on par with my other carbines; though most of the time if I am shooting for groups/sighting in I will use a bipod at least, I didn't with the Troy.

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity does anyone know who made the bolt and barrel for the Troy Defense carbine? I've been running mine for a while with no issues but I read a post on arfcom in the Troy industry forum itself stating that the bolt was 8620 and neither MPI or HPT?

Mine was one of the one of the very last rifles my local Dick's released to their buyers before they stopped selling anything but Fudd guns altogether, 34xx serial range with no magwell issues. When I looked at the demo gun it had a Sabre bolt and when I put my money down on it I was under the impression it would come with a milspec BCG rather than what was suggested above. Anyone got any further info?

Feedback Score

Edit:

looking back through my targets, I did get a 10-shot 2" group at 100 yards, with the right ammo.
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 11-28-13 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by projectiledysfunction View Post
    Out of curiosity does anyone know who made the bolt and barrel for the Troy Defense carbine? I've been running mine for a while with no issues but I read a post on arfcom in the Troy industry forum itself stating that the bolt was 8620 and neither MPI or HPT?

Mine was one of the one of the very last rifles my local Dick's released to their buyers before they stopped selling anything but Fudd guns altogether, 34xx serial range with no magwell issues. When I looked at the demo gun it had a Sabre bolt and when I put my money down on it I was under the impression it would come with a milspec BCG rather than what was suggested above. Anyone got any further info?
    Funny you mention. A dewd in a class I attended last month was rockin one of these rifles. It was essentially brand new. On day 3 his bolt broke in half. There were no markings on the bolt to indicate MPi/hpt. The carrier was not fa and gas key was haphazardly staked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Ouch. Mine has an FA carrier and pretty good staking, but it was also a pre-panic rifle.

While searching for an answer I found an article from about the same time I bought my gun which lists an PMI/HPT C158 bolt in the Troy carbine specs, and on the arfcom industry forums there's been a lot of complaints about Troy's recent build quality. I wonder if they started cheaping out while trying to source bolts and ship uppers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just would not feel right about owning a Troy Industries product much less posting about it. If you believe yourself to be a defender of the constitution/2nd Amendment you are walking an antithetical tightrope.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...oy-industries/

Feedback Score
    That article is written at the same level as the Trayvon Martin coverage,

[FBI snipers Lon Horiuchi and Dale Monroe tried to kill these men. Judge, jury and executioner. And Horiuchi just “accidentally” murdered Vicky Weaver. And Dale Monroe said he was ready to take that same shot but Horiuchi fired first. What a couple of shining examples of courage and bravery, right? Shooting down a woman armed with nothing but an infant in her arms.]

Given that, there isnt much credibility regarding their claims of statements made during testimony, which Troy disputes, I will put listening to the testimony on my to-do list.

The guy looks like he has a top tier resume, that operation may have been flawed, but using a travon martin style article that is basically yellow journalism eliminates any chance of a thoughtful mature discussion.

Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast