Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    We have no way of knowing if Troy put a shitty bolt in this gun or it got swapped out somewhere along the way. I doubt Troy would chance ruining their good reputation intentionally. GH

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    We have no way of knowing if Troy put a shitty bolt in this gun or it got swapped out somewhere along the way. I doubt Troy would chance ruining their good reputation intentionally. GH
    Here's some pics of four Troy BCG's that are still sitting at my local gun shop. Never been touched by anyone other than Troy. Trust me, they're pieces of shit...

"Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Right, because Troy has absolutely zero prior history of making horrendous business decisions that ruin their reputation. Oh the Irony.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Here's some pics of four Troy BCG's that are still sitting at my local gun shop. Never been touched by anyone other than Troy. Trust me, they're pieces of shit...
    LOL. That's some of worse staking I have every seen. Why even bother making the tiny staking indentations? Either people know what gas key staking is and see this as horrible, or they don't have a clue and don't pay attention either way. So why bother with the shitty staking? Do it for real or why even bother with the half assed attempt?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    How did those bolts get out of the rifles?? GH

Feedback Score

Troy Industries complete rifle

How did those bolts get out of the rifles?? GH
    You press the rear takedown pin, sliding It out to the right. This allows you to pivot the upper half separate from the lower half of the receiver.
    From there, you pull the charging handle out partially, and you can then pull the BCG out the rear of the upper receiver.
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 11-29-13 at 11:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusShooter View Post
    You press the read takedown pin, sliding It out to the right. This allows you to pivot the upper half separate from the lower half of the receiver.
    From there, you pull the charging handle out partially, and you can then pull the BCG out the rear of the upper receiver.
    Well played.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusShooter View Post
    You press the rear takedown pin, sliding It out to the right. This allows you to pivot the upper half separate from the lower half of the receiver.
    Does Troy come to the gun shop and do this? GH

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I just would not feel right about owning a Troy Industries product much less posting about it. If you believe yourself to be a defender of the constitution/2nd Amendment you are walking an antithetical tightrope.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...oy-industries/
    I began boycotting Troy products several months ago when I first heard of this and I will never own another product from them. They have had multiple chances to make it right but Steve Troy keeps standing behind Dale Monroe. Adios Troy!
    Last edited by coastwatcher42; 11-29-13 at 16:33.
    "When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not Guilty." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck." ~ Colonel Jeff Cooper

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Does Troy come to the gun shop and do this? GH
    You're joking, right? You're honestly trolling this thread because some guy said "Never been touched by anyone but Troy," which obviously implied no modifications or assembly were done to the rifle by anyone but Troy?

It was completely obvious what he meant. Stop being such an instigator.

On that note, I also have seen 2 Troy rifles in recent days with non-marked bolts and barely any staking on the gas keys. I wouldn't touch these rifles even if the only other option were DPMS or PSA.

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast