Thread: .22LR Uppers

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

.22LR Uppers

I hate to start another "which .22lr upper to go with" thread and I have read all the past threads on the subject but is the general concensus that the Spike's upper is the way to go?

I want something that will be a reliable piece, that I can use to suppliment training with 5.56mm ammo, as obviously it will pay for itself within the cost of 1K of 5.56mm.

Thanks in advance
    -Hootie

Feedback Score

I think that's what I would buy.

There was a discussion on this subject on the Maryland AR-15 forum in the last few weeks. IMLTHO, I'd buy a dedicated upper before I'd buy a kit, at this point; and, some of the bigger names have received negative comments. I think that the Spikes run about $550.

I looked at Midway just now for prices for 1,000 rounds of .223 Rem. and the prices run $386 to $750 (not counting Wolf), depending on what you buy. The cheapest Wolf they have in stock is $260 for steel cased stuff. I have never used it and cannot really comment on its quality.

22LR would run maybe $40 to $60 per 1,000, again depending on what you buy.

Do the math based on what you normally shoot.

Good luck!

John
    Good shooting!

Feedback Score
    Another thing to keep in mind when considering this option..

What type of shooting do you plan to do with it???If you plan on doing any type of tactical shooting,do you have a place to pratice with it??

Reason I bring this up is because I ran into this same problem myself..I picked up a Spikes upper to practice moving and shooting and general drills with..Range I have a membership at allows this type of shooting for handguns,but not any type of carbine..Didnt know it at the time of ordering the .22 upper..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madsmiley View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind when considering this option..

What type of shooting do you plan to do with it???If you plan on doing any type of tactical shooting,do you have a place to pratice with it??

Reason I bring this up is because I ran into this same problem myself..I picked up a Spikes upper to practice moving and shooting and general drills with..Range I have a membership at allows this type of shooting for handguns,but not any type of carbine..Didnt know it at the time of ordering the .22 upper..

Mad, does the bolt lock open on these uppers? what kind of accuracy can you get from them?

Are you going to be selling yours??