Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: folding stock

Feedback Score

Smile folding stock

is there a folding stock that looks similiar to the kac pdw for a ar15
    Last edited by sbr is great; 02-07-12 at 19:06.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    For an AR or what. Iv never seen a viable folding stock for an AR

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ZM Weapons.

I liked folding stocks, but it's of limited utility. It's great when the weapon is stowed and slung, but when it's slung, the user has to unfold it to shoot the weapon properly, adding an operation that's not required of non-folding stocks.

ACR and SCAR do the folding stocks right, they're folding and length adjustable.

My old ZM, this was taken in 2002 or so. You can see it shaves off less than 3 inches, it just wasn't worth its drawbacks to me.

Olympic Arms made something similar to this, not sure if they still do. RRA has something new, with a folding stock as well, though RRA's implementation adds 2 inches to the rear of the receiver before the stock can fold, so when unfolded, it's not very friendly to short eye relief optics like the 4x32 ACOGs.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbr is great View Post
    is there afolding stock that looks similiar to the kac pdw
    No. There's not a lot of folding stock options for the AR platform because the receiver extension actually houses components crucial to the proper functioning of the platform. At best you can use a shortened RE and a collapsible stock like H&K, LWRC, or Colt's SCW. Obviously, you're new. Read more, post less. That's the best advice I can give you.

Feedback Score
    thankyou

Feedback Score
    I see this thread is a little old, but I have a solution if you still needed or wanted a folding stock for your AR (standard ar, no changes to the internals unlike the AO93, ZM Weapons, ect.)
    Industry Manufacturer...Law Tactical LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LawTac View Post
    I see this thread is a little old, but I have a solution if you still needed or wanted a folding stock for your AR (standard ar, no changes to the internals unlike the AO93, ZM Weapons, ect.)
    Huh. That's pretty groovy. I know it's not supposed to allow firing when folded, but what happens if it does?

Feedback Score
    It will fire once, but we have built in a space that will allow the button/blocking finger to bend if fired folded. It may not happen the first or second time, but it will bend. When the finger bends it causes the action to lock up and you cannot clear the malfunction without replacing he button. We have done this to prevent repeated firing in the folded position to prevent stress fractures from developing and in turn preventing catastrophic failure of the blocking finger.

Feedback Score
    That's about what I figured. the bolt flying out would no doubt be distressing.

Feedback Score
    yes it would...and we have built it to prevent that from happening. But still don't do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast