Thread: Trouble with P-mags in an LMT MWS

Feedback Score

Trouble with P-mags in an LMT MWS

I just took a class this past weekend with my .308 MWS and I had a problem with 4 out of 10 P-mags. 5 were the original design and 5 were the new (brown wrapper) design, all are new. The problem that I was having was over-insertion. It was a precision rifle type class so most of the shooting was prone and therefore I didn't have all that much leverage to really jam the magazine in. I found they will all do it with a good push on the bottom, if I am gentle, there is no problem. I had around 600 rounds through the gun, all through the 5 original design. The round count for the class was about 400.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not a Magpul hater, I have about 30 5.56 P-mags and plenty of other Magpul stuff. I just can't believe that I am the only one having this problem.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Contact MagPul....They actually had a recall on the original Pmags and they will ask for the serial number of your MWS and send you new mag bodies.

I had the same issue a year ago and MagPul shipped the new mag bodies.
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep...inline change. We'll swap them out.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Read This.

http://www.magpul.com/notice-pmag-20...mws-rifle.html

NOTICE: PMAG 20LR COMPATIBILITY WITH LMT MWS RIFLE

A potential compatibility issue has recently come to Magpul's attention regarding the PMAG 20LR magazine when used in a limited number of 7.62 NATO caliber LMT MWS weapon systems. When the PMAG 20LR is inserted into the magazine well, some MWS rifles exhibit interference between the bolt catch and the rear of the magazine. This can cause partial engagement of the bolt catch and result in unintentional contact between the bolt carrier group and the bolt catch during normal weapon operation. Although this issue has only been reported by a very limited number of end users, Magpul has introduced a slight modification to all new production PMAG 20LR magazines to eliminate any potential for bolt catch interference, and will begin shipping modified magazines effective immediately.

Magpul is committed to continued improvement of our entire product line to ensure the widest range of weapon compatibility and best functionality possible. To most efficiently handle compatibility inquiries regarding the PMAG 20LR, please contact Magpul via email at PMAG20LR@magpul.com.
    Last edited by Tzoid; 09-17-12 at 20:19.
    Tzoid

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    World Class customer Service!!!!
    Tzoid

Feedback Score
    e problem isn't the bolt catch. It is loclking open on every empty mag. It is going in too far went shoved in normally.This includes 5 new and 5 old. The new coing in the brown wrapper and having the slightly more squared off groove in the back of the mag where the follower contacts the bolt catch. Any other complaints about this?

I can vouch for Magpul's CS. Way back when, I got some of the originals with some issue and they sent out new mag bodies for every one I returned.

Thanks, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Kudos to Magpul for this. I love that company.

Feedback Score
    Sweet. Another reason all my mags are from them. Great service!
    Daniel Defense V4
    Benelli Super Vinci
    Tikka T3 SS Lam .270wsm
    Vortex Dealer