Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $8.50 a box 300 BLK ammunition.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    At least they are honest about it, but it appears they are using a pre-sale to generate cash flow to purchase the components. I've never seen that work out too well.
    I'll be happy for those who take advantage of this if it works out, but my experience is like yours with regards to paying for firearms-related stuff that hasn't been made yet.

If this "preorder" is successful, they won't have any problems selling as much as they can make at that price. So, I'm waiting for the next batch to make sure I don't get burned like I've been before (also by "great people").

Feedback Score
    Will this load be reliable in factory/unaltered magazines ?
    Last edited by randolph; 07-09-12 at 17:02.

Feedback Score
    I believe in custom bullets like what Remington did with the UMC, Sierra did with the 125 MK, or Barnes did with the Black Tip for the most reliability.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Riot View Post
    I'll be happy for those who take advantage of this if it works out, but my experience is like yours with regards to paying for firearms-related stuff that hasn't been made yet.

If this "preorder" is successful, they won't have any problems selling as much as they can make at that price. So, I'm waiting for the next batch to make sure I don't get burned like I've been before (also by "great people").
    Good to be cautious, and good that the company was forthright about how it works here. I'm debating my interest level for that reason. Now that you can find UMC for around $11/box the price or load has to be compelling to go with remanufactured-parts-ammo.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Anyone else notice this? (green added by me for emphasis)

At least they are honest about it, but it appears they are using a pre-sale to generate cash flow to purchase the components. I've never seen that work out too well.

Presumably this is creating a discounted price of $8.50, so I'm not sure the prediction holds either. Anyone know what the production price will be?
    I'm a consistent SWA customer and have been involved in group buys and pre-orders that operate this way with them multiple times (most recently with the Snipers Hide 5.56 SMK Group Buy).

I've always gotten what I've ordered, although sometimes a few weeks after the dates SWA gave. On my last order, their supply of military pulldown brass (which they use for their Run 'N Gun line) was unexpectedly cut off, which caused a delay. So, they produced the order (1200 rounds of 77GR SMK's) with brand new LC brass and they ate the cost.

It's the most accurate and consistent factory ammunition I've ever seen. Well worth the wait, and I'll continue to order from SWA in the future. Also, the company is run by USMC veterans - good dudes.
    Last edited by a0cake; 07-10-12 at 02:04.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice try, but to me it doesn't count until factory ammo such as the UMC is $8.50 a box.

SWA makes good ammo but from my, and several other peoples' experience you'd be lucky to get this ammo by the end of the year.
    Last edited by blacklabel66; 07-10-12 at 20:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklabel66 View Post
    Nice try, but to me it doesn't count until factory ammo such as the UMC is $8.50 a box.

SWA makes good ammo but from my, and several other peoples' experience you'd be lucky to get this ammo by the end of the year.
    My $8.50 prediction was specifically for remanufactured ammunition.

The UMC will not be $8.50 a box because it is not designed to be as inexpensive as possible. It has higher-end features such as OTM bullets (but the nose is stuck closed), brass with NATO-like hardness, waterproof primers, and a custom bullet optimized for reliability.

If you want non-remanufactured ammunition that is as cheap as possible, then that will be the steel-cased ammunition. I don't see that happening until at least next year.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up! Now to find a good price on some subsonic ammo!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are there any plans for steel cased Blackout or are they only rumors as of now?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast