Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Impressions - MaTech BUIS

Feedback Score
    Nothing too beautiful about the site but it works as a primary or just backup to your optics. It's a small site hole so if you are blind you might not like it. Plenty of them used and abused over the years that still work. Does a fine job for co-witness hight through the shamepoints and eotechs.
    MAC
    **Lead, Follow or Get Out of My Way**
    25TH ID/125TH JTF-90 OUD
    40TH BGDE/18TH CAV BRT
    3RD ID/29BCT/1-184TH AA IN OIF3
    2/415/1 BCT

Feedback Score
    Just read and follow the instructions on tighting the mounting clamp and hex screw. It has been reported that the clamp breaks easily if you overtighten it. I tightened all mine according to the instructions and have had no problems.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I guess this is kind of an old thread, but anyway. I carried an M4 for 4 years with the Matech BUIS on it. I never had the swinging aperture fail to lock down, as I've sometimes heard, (the detent, or latch failing to catch), and I personally never had the "distance" knob altered by any day to day operations, i.e getting in and out of squad cars, humvees, weapon racks, stake bed trucks, or on any gear I've ever worn. As a matter of fact, it always seemed a little too difficult to alter anyway, so it's strange to think that could happen, but Murphy is always around. I don't at all refute the claim, and as I understand it, there are atleast 2 "generations" of this sight, so that may have something to do with it, but I personally have never had any problems. Great sight in my opinion, but it's just that, my opinion. Are there better sights? Probably, albeit arguably. But they are cheap and easy to find, so I'd called it a good deal at the least. Just my 2 cents.

on a side note, I was always taught, from day one, that unless you are using an optic, keep the sight up to prolong the life of the "catch", but I can see where snagging issues might arise with this method, just another two pennies.
    Last edited by CAInstructorTx; 01-30-10 at 16:12.
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Errare Humanum Est, Sed Perseverare Diabolicum
    To Err Is Human, But To Persist Is Diabolical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like them. I have them on 3 out of 4 uppers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had decided to get a different BUIS for my 6920 but at this point I think I will stick with the MaTech....I go back and forth on the small aperture but I think I will just have to get used to it. What bothers me about it is that it tends to reflect light in such a way that makes it difficult to acquire the target sometimes. I guess this could happen with any sight though.

Feedback Score
    I know exactly what you mean xcibes. The glare that appears sometimes in the "dish" of the rear sight apperture I'm guessing? I've experienced this as well, but then again, also with the common A2 rear sight. I'm not sure of any real way around this with the matech, but I commonly shoot with a hat, or helmet on, and that seems to help. Look into your eyewear as well, as I tried shooting the other day with my out and about sunglasses, and got nothing but glare, and even a ghost front sight post with those glasses. Just experiment and find what works. Nice to hear about another 6920 owner though.
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Errare Humanum Est, Sed Perseverare Diabolicum
    To Err Is Human, But To Persist Is Diabolical

Feedback Score
    Comes as standard equipment on the Colt 6940. First rate BUIS. It never occured to me to swap it for something more expensive.
    Last edited by sabretom; 01-31-10 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wonder if it would be possible to open the aperture up a little and perhaps put a hood on it like some NM sights......

Feedback Score
    I've got a couple of these, and they work. I got mine for free like a few others here, I'm sure. I have seen one in Iraq break the lollypop, and another that wouldn't lock in the down position. But that was 2 failures out of hundreds, so not too bad.

If anyone wants I'll get the manual out and share the method of zero.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast