It is only recently that I learned about the MaTech BUIS although apparently it has been around for a few years and it is widely used in Iraq and Afghanistan. Since I am purchasing a Colt 6920 for home defense naturally I started looking for some accesories. I decided to use a CompML2 on my Colt so that dictated that I also get a BUIS. I have looked around and saw several models including those by Troy and GG&G, and I am surprised at how expensive these things are so I did not purchase one right away. The other day though, I read about different BUIS in one of the G&A magazines that come along every so often and there was a blurb and a picture about the MaTech BUIS. At first I dismissed it but when I looked at it again I thought it looked really cool and I tried to find out mroe about it. I soon realized that it was for military issue and thus hard to find. I was bummed but decided to give the old gunbroker a chance and after about a 30 second search I had purchased one. So much for hard to find. I paid $75 for it and when I received it, it was a brand new unit in the wrapper with instructions so I was very pleased. I have not installed this on any rifle yet, but will do so as soon as I pick up my new rifle. I do not think this unit is particularly useful for civilian use but it is quite cool to have your range adjustment be so easy. It is a very distinctive sight and for about half of what you pay for anything else out there I cannot complain. The leaf is spring loaded and when stored it is held in place by a small protrusion on the side of the sight. To me this part may wear out eventually although probably not for an average guy at the range. Here are some pictures I hope you find interesting.

Once I install the sight and have a chance to use it I will post a detailed review.