Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Impressions - MaTech BUIS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sure, I seem to have lost my manual during the move.If you can PDF it you could e-mail it to me or find a way to post it. Thanks

Feedback Score
    FM 3-22.9 does not cover zeroing the BUIS, or BIS as it's called in the manual. The instruction sheet does cover it though.

I'll sumarize;
    M4/M4A1- Set elevation knob on 300 mark. Make all elevation adjustments with the FSP, and windage adjustments with the windage knob. Use 25m zero target for the M4

M16A4- Set elevation knob to white line between 300 and 400 marks. Use FSP and windage knob like above and use the 25m target for the M16A2/A4.

Sorry, I don't have this manual on digits.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cool, that's all I needed...I meant to say the instruction sheet to begin with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xcibes View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible to open the aperture up a little and perhaps put a hood on it like some NM sights......
    Didn't try the hood, but I did open one up. Be sure to drill it straight, and paint the exposed metal.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is this MaTech sight only good on the M4 style of AR? I picked one up from a buddy of mine and I had it on my 16" AR. I sold the AR and kept the MaTech BUIS. I have DPMS LR 308 and was wondering if it would work on there. I know you could zero it in, but would the elevation dial be worth a damn? I mean...the MaTech is only good for the 5.56, not the 7.62 correct?

Feedback Score
    I like this sight but it's not the best.

Troy DI-Optic Aperture is a great sight.

The best (for me) is easily the KAC Folding Micro BUIS.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    yep...very snag prone and 1 aperture. it may be cheap, but you get what you pay for.
    “If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bought one, tried it and sold it. It sits higher than I wanted and I just didn't feel like it would last. Went back to my ARMS 40L

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A friend had it on her issue rifle. She let me shoot it, and every time I shot it, the damn matech BUIS would spring up--meaning the detent would not lock it down. That experience turned me off from the matech BUIS. That's my only experience w/ them, so take it for what it's worth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchen986 View Post
    A friend had it on her issue rifle. She let me shoot it, and every time I shot it, the damn matech BUIS would spring up--meaning the detent would not lock it down. That experience turned me off from the matech BUIS. That's my only experience w/ them, so take it for what it's worth.
    That can happen with anything with a detent or notch. Simply time to replace or repair. Who knows how many times it had been flipped up/down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast