Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First Impressions - MaTech BUIS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've heard(for what it's worth) that is a problem with the Matech. On the other side, it is a buis, not a primary.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have them on a LMT and a DD. They are a fine sight, however I feel a folding sight will always have some weakness. I could only see bothering to upgrade to something like the DD or Larue units that dont fold.

Feedback Score
    I have what I believe to be a real Matech sight. The sight is solid; the elevation and windaage adjusters have crisp, prominent clicks, and the detent to keep the sight folded is firm. I read and understood the mounting and setup instructions.

I mounted this sight on a mid-length gas, 16" rifle - and I could not get the thing to zero. I know the instruction specifiy different setups for the M4/M4A1, and the M16A2/A4. I tried both of the different recommend elevation setups, as well as other elevations, and I couldn't get the sight to zero at all. Either the sight is completely incopatable with a middy sight radius (doubtful), the YHM front flip-up gas block sight was out of spec (possible), or there is something wrong with my Matech sight (probable). If I remember correctly, the sight came in a blue (or was it red?) sealed plastic bag, with neatly printed instructions and the allen key. It has MATECH stamped/engraved on the bottom of the sight. Any insight on this situation, or other's similar experiences with Matech sights would be appreciated.

I was able to zero the gun in about 5 shots with a YHM detatchable rear flip sight. So that tells me that YHM either manufactures all their sights out of spec with the rest of the world and their sights only work with one another on a unique plane (far-fetched and doubtful, but anything is possible, I guess), or there is an issue with my Match sight (even more probable now).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234