Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My First Build (Spikes and PSA)

Feedback Score
    Nice clean and simple, what's not to like? Sounds like a good set up for you. I just ordered an upper from bravo co for a similar kiss build of my own.

Feedback Score
    @pisc1024, thanks man. That's kinda what I was thinking. Good luck on your build. Are you going all BCM or just the upper? My next setup will more than likely be BCM as well. Probably a 14.5" carbine length.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick504 View Post
    @pisc1024, thanks man. That's kinda what I was thinking. Good luck on your build. Are you going all BCM or just the upper? My next setup will more than likely be BCM as well. Probably a 14.5" carbine length.
    I have BCM upper with a spikes lower. On this build I'm going for the same thing you have going with yours, I just want a simple rifle that shoots reasonably well, and is reliable. It wouldn't hurt if the thing was light weight too.
    I was thinking of a 14.5 on this one, but opted to go for the 16". I think the 14.5 would be really nice too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nick,

Just a suggestion, but when you find where on the handguard you want to keep the RFG, that you use the short piece of rail it came with to mount it. It'll be a whole bunch more comfortable to shoot. That or swap to the MOE specific MFG.

K

Feedback Score
    Those are some top notch components. Nice rifle. I have a Spikes/PSA combo as well but it's reversed; my upper is Spikes, lower is PSA.

There are just two things I would change (besides the optic, but I think you've already addressed that).

1) I would move the MBUS back to the last slot on your top rail. It'll just give you that much more sight radius.

2) Exchange the RVG for the MVG.

But these are some pretty minor points. In any case, enjoy the rifle.
    Apparently not the owner of Spikes Tactical

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the suggestions guys. I think I will try to move my rear sight back to the farthest setting. Initially I thought it might get in the way of pulling back the charging handle, but with the BCM mod 4, there is plenty to grab. The more sight radius the better.

I also think I will transition back to the small rail piece the vertical grip came with. Now that I'm getting a feel for the rifle, I'm finding out that I like to shoot it with my thumb on top of the handguard and my middle and pointer fingers below the handguard with my ring and pinky fingers on the vertical grip itself. (I guess you would call that the thumb break method) With all that said, the long rail piece is a bit uncomfortable given the way I shoot the rifle.

Thanks again guys!
    Last edited by Nick504; 07-19-12 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    @pisc1024, that's sounds like a good combination.
    Last edited by Nick504; 07-19-12 at 19:57.

Feedback Score
    Alright fellas, I took your advice and made those changes. You pretty much confirmed what I was thinking already, so thanks for that. Here it is now:

[IMG][/IMG]

Long rail piece removed:

[IMG][/IMG]

MBUS moved back as far as possible:

[IMG][/IMG]

And I did use the rail piece I took off. I may mount a light here:

[/IMG]

I also added a single point sling adapter:

[IMG][/IMG]

Overall, the feel of the rifle is better now and more comfortable. And I do like the longer sight radius, even if it's just a little more.
    Last edited by Nick504; 07-20-12 at 14:06.

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I like it. Do you have an idea of what kind of light you want to put on it?
    Apparently not the owner of Spikes Tactical

Feedback Score
    I was thinking about a set up kind of like this:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/theshoreline...217_3286601938

I'm not sure what brand light I want yet. Maybe a Streamlight Polytac.
    Last edited by Nick504; 07-21-12 at 00:03.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast