Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt, Sig, and S&W AR Rifles

Feedback Score

Colt, Sig, and S&W AR Rifles

I'm looking to purchase an AR15 rifle in the near future and have my eye on three particular models. The three include Colt 6920, Sig M400, and S&W M&P 15 Sport. The Colt and Sig are about the same price while the S&W is a few hundred less.

This will be my first AR, but I want it to be my only AR that I will keep for life.

I am very strict on maintenance and this rifle will be well cared for. I want a quality firearm that is accurate, reliable, and well built.

Which would you choose and why? Should one be eliminated from the equation right away?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
    I'm looking to purchase an AR15 rifle in the near future and have my eye on three particular models. The three include Colt 6920, Sig M400, and S&W M&P 15 Sport. The Colt and Sig are about the same price while the S&W is a few hundred less.

This will be my first AR, but I want it to be my only AR that I will keep for life.

I am very strict on maintenance and this rifle will be well cared for. I want a quality firearm that is accurate, reliable, and well built.

Which would you choose and why? Should one be eliminated from the equation right away?
    Go for the Colt.

I'd go for it because Colt is guaranteed quality every time, and is 100% mil spec. There is no guess work. SIG's quality is laughable, and S&Ws from what I remember have a stupid barrel twist, and are not HPT MPI.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

A quick search will tell you the Colt 6920 is the golden standard and is worth the $ all day over the other 2.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 07-15-12 at 18:47.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    The Smith's 1:8 Melonite barrel has proven it self to be very accurate over all. Smith's also have a life time warranty on their firearms. The bolt in my M&P 15 OR has "MP" stamped on it.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 07-15-12 at 20:40.
    "Live for something rather than die for nothing." - Gen. George Patton

"If you come expecting a fair fight, you are unprepared." - Magpul

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I want it to be my only AR that I will keep for life.
    Buy the one with the Pony on the side.

You will not regret your purchase.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Colt. It is the standard. It is also the gun that will command the highest re-sale.

C4

Feedback Score
    Check out LMT.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Colt will hold its value and it is a good Quality weapon to start out with

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My department recently purchased about 150 S&W ARs. Of those, 3 had triggers that worked only some of the time and two of those had burrs in the chamber that would snag cleaning patches or shave brass off of cases.

Small sample size but enough to make me think twice about buying or recommending one.
    HIPPIES SMELL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get the colt you will not regret it. With the colt you will have one of the best money can buy. Only a very few will recommend one of those over colt. They are the un informed.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast