Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any Varmint shooters?

Feedback Score
    So you are saying that your buddy hit a PD in the face with the first round fired out of his unzeroed .50 at Two Thousand Meters?

Feedback Score
    2k without a zero, I wish my R700ltr would have done that at 200 yards.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03humpalot View Post
    So you are saying that your buddy hit a PD in the face with the first round fired out of his unzeroed .50 at Two Thousand Meters?
    Sorry, I guess a little misleading by the "DONE THAT". No that was about 125 yd. He had never shot it yet and I was saying you better hurry up or I will take that first shot for you. His brother took it to Colorado and was hitting a 4x8 sheet of plywood @ 1 mile. It was a cheep scope that came with it that was not really built for the recoil. It's amazing how much energy is behind that caliber. FUN TOO.

Feedback Score
    Roger that,
    i need to buy a .50 one of these days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 03humpalot View Post
    Im trying to become the first dude to whack a Prarie Dog at 2K
    For the love of God, why does almost everything but the rice cooker look like it came out of my safe???
    I'll come to your piston gun party but I'm not going to drink the cool-ade.

Feedback Score
    The gun I have had the most fun hunting groundhogs with is a 10/22. Stomping along a treeline watching for the chubby bastards to start running back in from eating beans. Takes a few shots sometimes but you can hear them hitting.

I have killed an absurd amount of semi-retarded semi-suburban raccoons and possums with a 17HMR, great little round for taking them out.

The coolest damned round I used was a .257 Wby, pushing 87gr Barnes right around 4000fps. It made a 15-20 pound groundhog look like a prairie dog that just took a 22.250

Feedback Score
    i have a ton of fun with my Anshutz MPR & CZ452 doing the same. It's a good way to kill a morning w/shots out to 125m. After I wipe them out I move to the 5.56 SPR w/can for a while & then back to the close ones.
    I'll come to your piston gun party but I'm not going to drink the cool-ade.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mine is chambered for 6mmBR -- what a way to spend a week!
    Last edited by kjo; 12-01-08 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
    For the love of God, why does almost everything but the rice cooker look like it came out of my safe???

just the AK brother, that there Short Dot came from one very cool lawyer from CT. Your old one is on my noveske recon.

And for those critters closer than can of beef stew engagement range, this thing is the poop. Ruger Charger 10-22 pistola. I slapped an el-cheapo BSA RDS on it and proceeded to slay ground squirrels at my bro's house. Much fun and very accurate...go forth and buy one. Im gonna slap a LER pistol scope on mine next time i get home.

Feedback Score
    how is the trigger on the Charger ? A lot of the 10-22 rifles have horrible triggers.
    The devil danced as he went down
    In the hail of arrows comin'
    Out on the wild Montana ground,
    Custer died a-runnin'.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast