Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Scout Light LED upgrade?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    JC knows what he is talking about as we both have the same source on this.

Again hard data no, but our source is a SF rep. we + known SMEs/trainers trust.
    Gotcha. Well, I hope your source is accurate. That would be a great upgrade. Will the heads be sold separate at the same time, or will all production be going to complete m600's, or will they be dicks about it and make the heads not compatible with previous m600 bodies?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Gotcha. Well, I hope your source is accurate. That would be a great upgrade. Will the heads be sold separate at the same time, or will all production be going to complete m600's, or will they be dicks about it and make the heads not compatible with previous m600 bodies?
    My understanding is the head will be sold separately in February and will be compatible with previous scout models. New production scouts will be the 200 lumen mini scout m300a, the 250 lumen scout m600 (a, b or c, I can't think of the designation right now) and the 500 lumen m600u scout ultra.

I'm pretty sure all heads will be available separately, but the ultra head being sold separately in February was confirmed.

As to Michael and I having the same source, so does Pat Rogers and other guys posting this same info. It was in a thread on Lightfighter where we all first started talking about this stuff.

I'm looking forward to it as well... I need to replace a couple stolen lights (and upper, optics, etc.) so this is needed ASAP for me. I'm thinking in January I'll pick up a 620v then buy the 250 and 500 lumen heads when they're available. Then again, the 250 lumen head may just be a waste of money.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, its Feb. And we have none of the above.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Yep. And I just bought another M600A super cheap hoping for this upgrade soon.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I am surprised no one asked for the date of these releases at SHOT. They are all in the catalog but the lingering question is WHEN!?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yep, holding off on buying another M300 at this point because I want the updated version. Such a tease...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    Yep, holding off on buying another M300 at this point because I want the updated version. Such a tease...
    I just bought one from G&R.

The new M300 is likely as not going to use the same head as the EB1, just with on/off only, and those are 100% compatible with M300a/E1B bodies.

There will be plenty of people who will pay good money for your M300a head (E1B) as Surefire no-longer makes the E1B. A lot of people are mad that the EB1 is "poorly regulated" and begins decreasing significantly in output the second it's turned on. The E1B and M300A are very well regulated, and lose only about 10% output over the first 45 minutes or so of run-time, so having a single-mode E1B head doesn't exactly make you a pariah in the flashlight world. There will be PLENTY of market for it, and who knows when you will get the new M300?

When you can buy the head, just flip the M300a head like we did the KL4 heads for the KX2C. I sold KL4 heads like candy for $85 a pop off of old M600a's in gently-used condition. KX2C heads ran me around $120. Lost $35+S&H. I could live with that. The M300a should be a near identical story. Weapons aren't the only reason people buy lights. The M300a head has value, now, and in the future for sure, with the death of the E1B and the "poor" regulation of the EB1. Lots of flashlight whores are seriously disappointed in the EB1 because of this.
    Last edited by WS6; 02-03-13 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatz11 View Post
    Malkoff drop-in + their VME head is a great setup. TNVC also makes a complete head assembly. No experience with it though.

I bought a used E1b body and put a VME head with M31 drop-in to make a DIY mini scout light. So far I'm pleased with the performance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nanners83 View Post
    VME and Malkoff head is a good option but it might just be cheaper to get a KX2C head.
    They're what the current scout lights use. 200 lumens with the TIR optic. I've come across them for around 100 bucks at a few places.
    This - Get a Malkoff and VME head or E2C adapter with any Surefire C/P/G/Z bezel - the KX2C head is a winner for sure, but you can also use the KL4 head from a M600A. Less lumens than a KX2C, but also smaller and cheaper.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    I just picked up a NIB M600A for $180, I will probably just pickup a KX2C head for it since I only use my light for Home Defense and 200 lumens works good for me. I can always add a higher lumen head later if I decide I need it.
    Last edited by Brian Brazier; 02-12-13 at 14:37.
    "Fear The Man With Only One Rifle"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yeah, I got tired of waiting and picked up a second M300A. I figure I will get one of the new heads if and when they become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brazier View Post
    I just picked up a NIB M600A for $180, I will probably just pickup a KX2C head for it since I only use my light for Home Defense and 200 lumens works good for me. I can always add a higher lumen head later if I decide I need it.
    I had a M600A for a bit that was near brand new when I got it for $175, and I never used it because I didn't like the beam. I sold it on TOS for $150 but kept the UE07 tailcap and picked up a lightly used M600C model for $175. Wasn't worth it spending the extra money on the KX2C head IMO. Long story short I upgraded for $25 rather than $100+.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast