Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Scout Light LED upgrade?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Surefire Scout Light LED upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Because I think Surefire is not being truthful with their ratings, or, they are arriving at their rated output in a different manner.
    That sucks. It does have a different label on the head than the one from your current mini scout, right? Hopefully they didn't send you the 110 lumen head accidentally.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    That sucks. It does have a different label on the head than the one from your current mini scout, right? Hopefully they didn't send you the 110 lumen head accidentally.
    No it doesn't.
    The new head is labeled "KE1A".

*Dynamic lighting in my neighborhood has obviously changed, hence all-new controls.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Tint, beam profile, power, EVERY performance aspect of the M300B is superior to the M600C, except probably run-time, obviously.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Damn I want that upgrade now!

Great pics, and the M300b is the WL to beat imho.

I already loved the M300a....how can one not be thrilled with it on steroids

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Damn I want that upgrade now!

Great pics, and the M300b is the WL to beat imho.

I already loved the M300a....how can one not be thrilled with it on steroids
    I was shining it across that 100m field diagonally from across the street from it and with an RDS still could have hit a large dog if I took my time, etc. It has some serious throw! On CPF, the LUX has been estimated at around 11,000 for the EB1 (hand-held version, 2-mode). Other tests show the M600X/E2DL to be around 8500 LUX, give/take. I don't know how accurate these tests are, but they seem accurate given what I saw. I LOVE the M300B's beam profile and tint (both are identical to the X300U).

It's an awesome light.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Ha, that's great! I'm really looking forward to the scout ultra, but for my short rifle(s) I want as much output in a small package as possible. I've been contemplating an x300u and even going back to a pressure switch, but I'd much rather have a push button tailcap on a true rifle light, so this is great news.

You made it sound as if it was a bad thing at first!

How bright does it appear at 50 to 100 meters compared to the x300u?
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 04-22-13 at 22:12.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Oh, where did you find the head? I just looked on Surefire's site and can't find it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ha, that's great! I'm really looking forward to the scout ultra, but for my short rifle(s) I want as much output in a small package as possible. I've been contemplating an x300u and even going back to a pressure switch, but I'd much rather have a push button tailcap on a true rifle light, so this is great news.

You made it sound as if it was a bad thing at first!

How bright does it appear at 50 to 100 meters compared to the x300u?

100 meters
    Last edited by WS6; 04-22-13 at 23:21.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Oh, where did you find the head? I just looked on Surefire's site and can't find it.
    This is a complete light. I sold my M300A as soon as the M300B dropped early this month.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry for the resurrection, but does anyone know if Surefire is going to sell just the head assembly of the new M300B?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast