Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vltor VIS-KM (Keymod) - official release of information

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckjay View Post
    The nut/wrench looks pretty similar to the URX nut and wrench. It will be interesting to see how they price the wrench/nuts in comparassion to Knights.
    Looks exactly like the old VIS barrel nut and wrench. Price...$19.95 each.

KAC is very proud of their barrel nut wrench.

First think I thought of when I saw the keymod VIS was that I wanted to post a pic of it and caption it, "Look Noveske...a heatshield..."

My other thought was that Vltor needs to drop the white letter logos already. Theres something classy about a nice subdued engraved logo/lettering. I get that this creates production problems, ie that when a rail system is made, it could either be marked Vltor or Noveske, and engraving it would have to be done prior to anodizing.

But if anyone in the manufacturing side of the industry is reading, drop the white lettering. Engraved, ok...white lettering...tacky.

Feedback Score
    Subscribing looking forward to this
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    [6.8SPC]-[5.56NATO]-[12ga]
    [.45ACP]-[.40S&W]-[9MM]-[.22LR]

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The nut/wrench looks pretty similar to the URX nut and wrench. It will be interesting to see how they price the wrench/nuts in comparassion to Knights.
    I always get a kick out of the instructions that come with the VIS. The ominous wrench warning "one time use", "dispose of immediately" or whatever.

Hey, VLTOR! I used one wrench for two installs on Friday!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

Hey, VLTOR! I used one wrench for two installs on Friday!!
    Two times on one day? You are going straight to hell for that one....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Two times on one day? You are going straight to hell for that one....
    Actually it was separate days. But still. I totally used the wrench TWICE!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That 2nd rifle will always be suspect now, you should send it to me for a thorough eval
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Mine came with the upper!
    Last edited by VLODPG; 09-06-12 at 22:02.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I might have missed it, does anyone know if the handguard circumference is the same as the NSR?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    I might have missed it, does anyone know if the handguard circumference is the same as the NSR?
    Was curious about this myself. It definitely looks wider at the base and has a different profile for the most part. I am sure (as pertaining to the more squared off profile at the bottom) this has to do with the removable lower section.

For reference my own NSR:

And a pic from MM earlier in the thread:

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have two VIS poly uppers a VIS-2A (10 inch) and a VIS-3 (12 inch) both are substantially thinner in comparison to the DD Lite Rail due to the tucked in bottom rail so this new VIS-KM is going to be quite thin. I am not sure how it will compete with the NSR or Troy Alpha in weight but let's not forget that this is still very light for billet.
    Last edited by CoryCop25; 08-14-12 at 22:44.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast