Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need opinion on ambi safety Defense Package

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There have been new AR safeties since this thread back in 2012, some from folks that used to use Battle Arms safeties as OEM. Competition is healthy, as it benefits the end users by offering more choices. If competing manufacturers want to do well, they need to do better, and be better. Battle Arms has the benefit of having an established product and reputation, but remember that wasn't always the case, especially back in 2010 when the selector first became available, comments like snake oil, solution in search of a problem, were not uncommon from folks that had neither seen nor used it.

Fortunately, the mods and members on M4C had shown us a great deal of trust and latitude. Even though I'm not a part of Battle Arms anymore, I will always be grateful for the opportunity you guys had given us to earn your trust, and deliver on our promises.

Battle Arms selectors now have pretty good competition, many of which have the short throw option. If you can find the thread here and TOS about short throw selector discussions, you'll see the road to where we are wasn't always smooth, and it was paved by Battle Arms and its partners that invested in short throw compatible receivers. The short throw selector's acceptance in the market is largely the work of BAD, its partners, and the happy customers / early adopters.

I am proud to have been a part of that.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm a huge fan of the KAC Ambi Safety... haven't tried the Battle Arms Safeties yet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    KAC deserves credit for giving thoughts to the right lever's ergonomics by scalloping / relieving the right lever's tip so it won't rub on the index finger as bad, but if you're a southpaw and try to use the right lever, it's now that much harder to use.

Thus detachable levers on both sides give the users the option to put the correct lever on the side of their choosing. As a manufacturer, we didn't want to dictate that, which to me would be akin to making cars with non-adjustable car seats based on the designer's height and size, and everyone has to conform.

Over the years the anti-screw sentiment finally subsided, there had been different ways to attach a selector lever sans the use of screws. It usually doubles or triples the parts count on the selector in so doing. Not a believer in that.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Good Info, Duffy. Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I liked it so much I made my own right lever based on the KAC pattern But I'm a righty so this works for me. I hacked up this $30 ambi safety back in mid 2000s, when there was but two or three choices, mostly just from different manufacturer with different screw holes on the right lever (one type has the hole in dead center, the other type has an offset screw hole)

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234