Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
It's the truth! Well, maybe the streets weren't in Holland, but....

1986s4, that's always a tough question, I know that only a few can say "if cost were no object", but there is a pretty close relationship between price and what I think is a satisfactory 1911 in the context of the many things that come into play, ordered something like this: safety, reliability, durability, ergos, customer support. Accuracy and looks come last but it is really pretty easy to get it all-- if cost is no object. And I don't mean some $6-$10,000 custom masterpiece you waited years for, I mean something from any of those three places in Arkansas.

I do think Colt and Springfield are good solid guns / good places to start. Depending on the model and the alignment of the stars you can get a good Colt, or it might wind up being a good start,\.... I think Springfield is better at details on their higher-end guns like the Operator, TRP, etc. And Springfield has been a lot better at support going by what guys tell me. One thing that has plagued Colts is sharp edges. You can always get one running but nobody likes rounding the edges on a brand-new blued gun. And nobody likes getting cut every time you work the gun!
Ha! Ned I have a formerly blued Colt with formerly razor sharp edges. It's been tamed in the edge department which required a new finish [cerocote]. It was and still is reliable and accurate enough for my eyes. I guess I got lucky.