Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I'd like to read the other thread regarding the Colt. Could someone direct me to what LTW is or link that thread?

Appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    At this point in use a Glock would have seen a couple of spring changes and then continue to run. Not sure as to the point of the thread other than 1911 parts wear out and break after high round counts.
    SS wonder,
    If you prefer the Glock platform to this particular pistol, it's wear patterns, broken parts, "obsolescence" of the 1911 platform, etc., might it make more sense that you have Glock threads to comment on instead of this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I'd like to read the other thread regarding the Colt. Could someone direct me to what LTW is or link that thread?

Appreciated.
    For Post#171, i don't know what you're referring to but "LTW" probably means this forum:
    http://forum.ltwguns.com/index.php

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At this point in use a Glock would have seen a couple of spring changes and then continue to run. Not sure as to the point of the thread other than 1911 parts wear out and break after high round counts.
    Thank you for your intelligent and insightful post. Now piss off

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    For Post#171, i don't know what you're referring to but "LTW" probably means this forum:
    http://forum.ltwguns.com/index.php
    It is indeed. Under custom pistols, high mileage comes to town. Good read.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    It is indeed. Under custom pistols, high mileage comes to town. Good read.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Then here's the link:
    http://forum.ltwguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8365

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The round count on Rob's Operator is pretty accurate-- I'd say within 5%-- at least up until the 120K or so. This Colt, we have re-evaluated the probable, but undocumented, round count over the last few years and it is incredibly high--- I mean incredible in the truest sense of the word, as in, one might lose credibility by stating it so I hesitate to do so. Very, very conservatively it is well over 150K.

I'm not a big fan of the 1894 Winchester but to me it would be interesting to read about one that had say 100K through it and track wear and breakages. I think most people find the same of interest with a 1911, whether a fan or not-- that's the point. I definitely would be interested in tracking a Glock into the round count stratosphere.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't care how many rounds this Springfield product has had shot through it.

In light of all the stuff they did in Illinois recently...they are dead to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You may not care but I find it interesting as to what the gun can withstand. I don't care who makes it.

And for the record I'm a glock guy......... but I still find this interesting

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    For point of reference, Todd Green conducted a round by round test of a Glock 17, which stopped at a tad over 70k because the breech face began dimpling to the point that Glock recommended he stop shooting it.....so you may want to reevaluate your statement.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast