Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pappabear, I sense that you are currently very vulnerable inside the confines of a gun store with a lot of 1911's in the case. Believe me, I totally understand about a sudden, unexpected Jonesing for this or that firearm. Just sayin', exercise restraint during this time of unbridled 1911 lust, take care not to buy something stupid and lose your dignity ;-)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Pappabear, I sense that you are currently very vulnerable inside the confines of a gun store with a lot of 1911's in the case. Believe me, I totally understand about a sudden, unexpected Jonesing for this or that firearm. Just sayin', exercise restraint during this time of unbridled 1911 lust, take care not to buy something stupid and lose your dignity ;-)
    Oh that gave me a chuckle. Great advice, just a week too late! Luckily, I have a master closet project that has abruptly stifled my nonsense.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Whew. My first speed scan of that gave me a scare that you had bought something really bad and were keeping it in the closet.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Whew. My first speed scan of that gave me a scare that you had bought something really bad and were keeping it in the closet.
    Oh no, I bought a LNIB NHC Heine and a SS TRP, both I got very good deals. I bought the NHC, then came across the SS TRP for $999 LNIB, and was like shit here we go again. I feel very good about my purchases, but the fiesta has come to a screeching halt.

It caused me to look hard at the 1911 platform and learn more about it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Good choices!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What happens some times when you become complacent. Not related to the above guns but it happens even to smart, careful people some times:

A Springfield 9mm barrel that had a bullet stuck in it. The owner did not have a proper punch so used, well, an improper punch. It is all “metal gone” and little to nothing hanging into the bore—and still shoots reasonably well although I don’t know how well it shot before. Probably better. But, 2” or so at 25 yards with Lapua and RUAG ammo, not bloody awful.

A Kart barrel in .45. Owner advises accuracy went all to hell, I didn’t try it, just replaced it with another Kart. They are excellent barrels. Got one stuck in it, didn’t realize it, shot it out. Sometimes they bulge, sometimes they blow, but it always sucks!

An unfired Wilson barrel…. Very, very nice inside.

Inside the 9mm, Lyman borescope:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ned,

What is the main reason people get bullets stuck? Hand load an underpowered load? Im pretty surprised that barrel shoots even Minute of bad guy, it looks like a crime scene in there.

PB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I’m not Ned, but I’d bet my 401k you hit the nail on the head. I cannot remember witnessing a squib that was not rolled at someone’s home.
    Last edited by CPM; 03-03-18 at 16:15.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Double.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What typically happens when that second round hits, I thought it blew up the gun, but Ned had that barrel with big belly. That would be one wild sensation , that I care not to experience.

PB

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast