Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK84 View Post
    I can't wait to read it!
    +1, one of my favorite threads

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Today's pic, Rob tells me 6,600 rounds fired since last I examined it.

Going back through previous posts and trying to get totals, I think that 6600 makes it 118,000 on the gun and 46,000 on this barrel....? And 15,000 on the new slide.

There really wasn't anything else picture-worthy today. The slide / frame fit continues to hold up well due to the original fitting (recently with new slide, (also well-fitted). There is a lot of contact / bearing area which is conducive to long life on this fit.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think this thread is proof that if you buy the good stuff and take care of it that it'll last you a lifetime.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thank you Ned for the update. Springfield makes a stout 1911. Get a little extra TLC from time to time and you have a lifetime companion. I'm itching to get that new MC Operator as I gave my last one to my brother for a song. I couldn't stand to see him buy a cheap quality 1911. $500 is still $500 and to throw it away.

Great thread for 1911's and SA, AND quality gun smithing.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hey now that is true Christian Charity, giving up your good stuff so your brother won't suffer the bad stuff, may the blessings of St. John Moses of Browning be upon you!

I get nothing for saying Springfields are good stuff, but I'll also temper that with saying, not every one every time. And some models are not as bank-vault as others. But this one sure has impressed, as has their support.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Which SA models would you recommend?

Great thread, awesome gun! This makes me want to dump everything and concentrate on my TRP!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    May sound strange but I'm not super familiar with all the different models. I thin the TRP and Professional are in the same quality category as the Operator.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    May sound strange but I'm not super familiar with all the different models. I thin the TRP and Professional are in the same quality category as the Operator.
    I find Springfield-Armory's website a bit complicated to find its many models. There's probably an exception, but from my recollection those model designations have the following characteristics:

-TRP. This is the acronym for "Tactical Response Pistol"; it is a (very) good quality production 1911; it may be in Springfield's "Armory Kote" finish or stainless steel.

-Professional. This is Springfield-Armory's "Custom Shop" produced 1911 model designation; they're typically running backlogs in the several month or 1 year+ range. I believe there are two different models getting the "Professional" name, 5", 5" w/rail. I thought there might be a 4.25" version, but I couldn't find one with my brief research. These models were what was available to an FBI Agent assigned to their SWAT or HRT units, although word has it individuals within these units are transitioning to Glock.

-Operator. Springfield-Armory seems to use this name to indicate when its 1911 has an accessory rail. The "Operator" moniker seems to be featured in its "Loaded", "TRP", and "Professional" model lines.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That jives with my observations. I have also come to the conclusion that if it has their stainless barrel, it's probably one of their top-end guns.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Wow......so we are looking at about 94k for a round count!
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast