Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    It's always nice to see a gun used
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    I just noticed this and would like to see the pictures, but the link is now broken. Great article!

Multi-Tool

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Crap! My former hosting service went kaput. I will do my best to get them back up.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think these pics are lost at least for now-- but I will be seeing Rob in June and get some updated pics and round count-- I would guess maybe another 5-10K but he has a few other 1911's so maybe less. He keeps a precise count.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    (UPDATE Dec 2013,round count now 80K plus)

The breech face—not as worn and dimpled as I would expect with this round count, regardless of the loads used.

I too have a high round count 1911. The pic of the breech face reminded me of a similar pic I took a few years back.

Mine is a very early Kimber that I tuned up.

Breech face, magwell, etc:

When they are built right, they run and run, and run...

I truly enjoy looking at "hard use" guns like the Springfield that is the subject of this thread. They just scream "tool used by a serious practitioner".

Cheers!
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Lost River - very nice pistol. I'm the same way, I really appreciate photos of a "well-enjoyed" 1911.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i LOVE those pics, i hope one day a couple of my 1911's will look like that. Ned love your stuff, you really need to post more pics... but then again that would keep you from building guns..... damned if you do damned if you don't keep it up
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update Ned, it is appreciated.

The MC Operator is on my short list of must have's. Just need find one since the seem to be pretty rare in my parts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I may have missed it, but was this replacement due to failure or as an improvement? I am just trying to keep track of when failure driven replacements are being needed.
    Co-Owner of Hill People Gear
    "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Well i just learned a lot of great stuff, i knew what a bow tie cut was, however did not fully understand the implications it has.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast