Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    It's the truth! Well, maybe the streets weren't in Holland, but....

1986s4, that's always a tough question, I know that only a few can say "if cost were no object", but there is a pretty close relationship between price and what I think is a satisfactory 1911 in the context of the many things that come into play, ordered something like this: safety, reliability, durability, ergos, customer support. Accuracy and looks come last but it is really pretty easy to get it all-- if cost is no object. And I don't mean some $6-$10,000 custom masterpiece you waited years for, I mean something from any of those three places in Arkansas.

I do think Colt and Springfield are good solid guns / good places to start. Depending on the model and the alignment of the stars you can get a good Colt, or it might wind up being a good start,\.... I think Springfield is better at details on their higher-end guns like the Operator, TRP, etc. And Springfield has been a lot better at support going by what guys tell me. One thing that has plagued Colts is sharp edges. You can always get one running but nobody likes rounding the edges on a brand-new blued gun. And nobody likes getting cut every time you work the gun!
    Ha! Ned I have a formerly blued Colt with formerly razor sharp edges. It's been tamed in the edge department which required a new finish [cerocote]. It was and still is reliable and accurate enough for my eyes. I guess I got lucky.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So I delivered this old Colt with the new slide and barrel last week. 710 rounds on it sofar, must be the weather holding him back.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I dearly love this thread.......thanks for sharing all this information
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I was surfing through this thread from pg. 1 this afternoon agonizing over how photobucket has destroyed one if the greatest 1911 technical threads ever online.

This should have been a book instead of a thread. I've learned more in these pages than anything before.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    I would absolutely agree to the above ^

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I was surfing through this thread from pg. 1 this afternoon agonizing over how photobucket has destroyed one if the greatest 1911 technical threads ever online.

This should have been a book instead of a thread. I've learned more in these pages than anything before.
    uh YES, not to derail, but what are folks using to get pics up. I have not posted a pic in years

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    uh YES, not to derail, but what are folks using to get pics up. I have not posted a pic in years

PB
    I have been using Imgur myself. Seems to be pretty decent for my uses.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Photobucket broke the internet worse than net neutrality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Imgur.

May they never commit the devious stupidity that PhotoIdiot did.

May the janitor at PhotIdiot kick over the mopwater and short out their server, causing whatever hostage pics they didn't already delete, to be deleted.

Actually I don't wish that upon whatever few customers they have remaining, but I do wish it upon them.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This thread is a huge Springfield testament and a huge testament to good gunsmithing. I appreciate great guns and great work, its the best of both worlds. And lastly a testament to the platform that lives today as strong as ever. My apologies for my soapbox speak but it cant be contained. at the moment.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast