Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 75 Round Romanian Top Loading AK Drum Magazine Review

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
    Good review.

Now for a bit of a thread jack if the OP doesn't mind. To expand the conversation a little bit (and avoid starting another 75 rnd drum thread on the first page) how do you guys feel about usefulness of the 75 rd drum in general?
    There is very little usefulness for an individual rifleman. Why? For several reasons:
    -Increased weight (it's right in the COG of the rifle but still...)
    -Rattles like a motherF'r when you move
    -Increases the width of the rifle (rollover/urban prone is real fun when using a drum... Other manipulations can also be far more awkward)
    -Not as reliable

When is it useful? In a static defensive positions/certain vehicle operations (and then only if you have one which operates correctly). It is noteworthy that the drum mags were originally intended for the RPK-47 and not the AK/AKM. What's more telling is that the drums were never made for the RPK-74 and they stuck to 40-rounders...

Fun range item but not for serious use?
    Range/collection/making politicians angry. All of those uses are with merit.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
    Range/collection/making politicians angry. All of those uses are with merit.
    This is as good as a reason as i can think of to pick up a bunch of hi-caps
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 08-02-12 at 19:56.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had the opportunity to speak with a gentlemen who has seen combat in several Eastern European conflicts. On the topic of drums he state that he had no use for them as they were heavy and made a LOT of noise while moving.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12