Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambi safety Noveske 60' selector

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Ambi safety Noveske 60' selector

Update: Poll added Can you guess which safety I decided on

I was looking for a ambi safety and came across this. I need your opinion on one of the ambi safeties from Noveske.
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=

Do you guys think it is better than the BAD ASS.
    Last edited by 420ollie; 08-14-12 at 17:34. Reason: Upadate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 420ollie View Post
    I was looking for a ambi safety and came across this. I need your opinion on one of the ambi safeties from Noveske.
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=

Do you guys think it is better than the BAD ASS.
    I am pretty sure this is one of magpul's new products. Stick posted a pic a while back with it. I hadn't heard it is out yet so info might be hard to come by. But you can try to pm Stick, he should know.
    Last edited by Preach; 07-31-12 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Which stick I can't find which one?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    The BAD ST safety accomplishes everything I could want from a safety and does so in exemplary fashion.

I may be in the minority here but I don't see any reason to go with the Noveske/Magpul safety besides the price. And for something I use as much as the safety, I'd rather fast for a few days to save up the difference.

And while we're here, might as well attach a pic of both. The first is my picture, the second pulled from Noveske's page.

Last edited by buckjay; 07-31-12 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckjay View Post
    I may be in the minority here but I don't see any reason to go with the Noveske/Magpul safety besides the price.
    Based on use, or based on something else? BA makes a great product, and is available in a bunch of configurations, but I'm missing what the negative is of the Noveske variant.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Personally I don't see double the value when comparing the price of the BAD ASS to the Noveske/Magpul. Once I get my stamp for my SBR I'll be replacing the safety for the Noveske/Magpul ambi one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 420ollie View Post
    Which stick I can't find which one?
    Sorry, I meant one of our prominent members, Stickman. He has some of the best AR pics.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I just ordered one of the Noveske units from Ranier Arms. I look at it as a "proof of concept" purchase. The BAD-ASS is what I really want, but no one local has one for me to play with and that's a lot of $$$ for a selector. It's not like I can just buy one BAD-ASS to cover my needs. If one AR gets it, they all have to get it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I just ordered one of the Noveske units from Ranier Arms. I look at it as a "proof of concept" purchase. The BAD-ASS is what I really want, but no one local has one for me to play with and that's a lot of $$$ for a selector. It's not like I can just buy one BAD-ASS to cover my needs. If one AR gets it, they all have to get it.
    I was thinking the same ting. That why I wanted some suggesions before hand. I don't know which to get.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don't need to see the Noveske offering to know that the BAD-ASS offering is better. The true short throw (45) of the BAD-ASS has to be experienced to be appreciated. To be honest I don't think they are comparable since one is customizable and the other isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast