• Noveske

16 39.02%
  • Standard

4 9.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ambi safety Noveske 60' selector

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So can you guys guess what I decided on.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420ollie View Post
    So can you guys guess what I decided on.
    Hopefully the Short Throw BAD-ASS....

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There was another safety I was looking at also.
    Here is the thread. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=109743

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckjay View Post
    I may be in the minority here but I don't see any reason to go with the Noveske/Magpul safety besides the price.
    Based on use, or based on something else? BA makes a great product, and is available in a bunch of configurations, but I'm missing what the negative is of the Noveske variant.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Personally I don't see double the value when comparing the price of the BAD ASS to the Noveske/Magpul. Once I get my stamp for my SBR I'll be replacing the safety for the Noveske/Magpul ambi one.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I got the badass with stainless levers. It is the beez kneez.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Am I mistaken in thinking the BAD short throw requires a compatible lower and the Noveske does not? Sorry guys, I haven't been paying attention to some of the new products.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We had to make it so it's not a drop-in part for receivers without the proper, 45 degree FIRE engravings.

Nobody can argue that somewhere between SAFE and FIRE is FIRE, this necessitates the "lawyer pin" More info here https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82851

We pressed a stainless steel pin in the body of the selector center to act as a block. 45 degree compatible receivers (most of them are 45/90 compatible, they can be used with either 45 or 90 degree selectors) have a notch on the left side of selector hole to allow the pin to go through.

If the pin is removed, it becomes a drop-in part for any standard AR receivers, but it will void the warranty. We neither encourage nor suggest its removal, we don't want to get sued, and we don't want our customers to get sued because a shooter that just picked it up may not realize this is not a 90 degree selector, and the pointer doesn't point to FIRE.

Never mind the pirate or zombie themed, or Obama (HOPE and CHANGE markings) may run into the same liability issue, or may not, for I don't know of attorneys that can argue that ARGG or DEAD actually mean FIRE, we're not opening ourselves or our customers to litigation
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    We had to make it so it's not a drop-in part for receivers without the proper, 45 degree FIRE engravings.

Nobody can argue that somewhere between SAFE and FIRE is FIRE, this necessitates the "lawyer pin" More info here https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82851

We pressed a stainless steel pin in the body of the selector center to act as a block. 45 degree compatible receivers (most of them are 45/90 compatible, they can be used with either 45 or 90 degree selectors) have a notch on the left side of selector hole to allow the pin to go through.

If the pin is removed, it becomes a drop-in part for any standard AR receivers, but it will void the warranty. We neither encourage nor suggest its removal, we don't want to get sued, and we don't want our customers to get sued because a shooter that just picked it up may not realize this is not a 90 degree selector, and the pointer doesn't point to FIRE.

Never mind the pirate or zombie themed, or Obama (HOPE and CHANGE markings) may run into the same liability issue, or may not, for I don't know of attorneys that can argue that ARGG or DEAD actually mean FIRE, we're not opening ourselves or our customers to litigation
    I didnt know you were on here too. You are working every angle and that is great customer service.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Every serious manufacturer and developer needs to have a presence here
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast