• Noveske

16 39.02%
  • Standard

4 9.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ambi safety Noveske 60' selector

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have both a standard BAD-ASS and the Noveske STS.

The BAD levers are much more comfortable - the Magpul levers feel sharp somehow, but I can't find any sharp edges. I don't really know what's going on. The BAD-ASS is also much easier to install, but seems more likely to unscrew itself due to the positioning of the screws. Locktite should fix that problem and I've never seen a BAD-ASS unscrew itself.

Basically, here's how I break it down:

BAD
    + Feel (smoother, yet also more aggressive texturing)
    + Metal vs plastic (arguably stronger because metal will deform/bend before breaking, which is good in a part with low tolerances like a lever, but bad in a part with higher tolerances like, say, magazine feed lips... but I don't know how you'd impart enough force on a safety lever to deform/bend/break it)
    + Ease of installation (doesn't require less-common tools, it's really idiot-proof)
    + Variety of levers to choose from

Noveske/Magpul
    + Cost (half or less of the price of a BAD short throw, should come free on Noveske lowers now)
    + Plastic vs Metal (less likely to get super hot when not wearing gloves)
    + Impossible to remove

I'd say if you have the money, go for the BAD. If you don't do anything besides shoot bench rest and need an ambi or left-handed safety, go with the Noveske/Magpul.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm a big Noveske & Magpul fan but I will stick with the BAD safety. It's so well made, easy to install and customize exactly how I want it. Though the Noveske would be my second choice over stock MilSpec

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To date, we know of one instance where the user had lost the screw, and the lever along with it, he did not use thread locker on the screws.

In addition to what's known, there was an unknown variable: the amount of torque applied to the screws. Both the screw and lever were replaced at no charge.

We have instructors/dealers that purposely leave the screws without thread locker, as they need to be able to swap them out for their customers / students. Tens of thousands of rounds later, the screws have not come loose.

This is not to say that one should omit the use of thread locker, it is recommended to use thread locker on the screws, but it does demonstrate the benefits of using the Torx screws, which allow more torque to be applied.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123