Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Varmint" Build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice rifle, Grant! What does it weigh in at, with and without suppressor? Looks like it will make a good walk-about.

Will you be adding a sling? If so, which one and what points do you think you'll be attaching it?

It's great Lancer is now offering forged lowers. What is it about the Lancer design that you like? Could you explain what this lower offers that a standard lower doesn't? (I just went to the Rainier site to refresh my memory, but the Lancer lower didn't show up.)

One problem with some adjustable AR gas blocks is carbon build up causes the adjusting screw to freeze up. Do you think this will be a problem with the SYRAC?

When you take this one afield, please let us know how it performs!
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

At this years shot show, I was at the Lancer booth ordering mags when I noticed their lower. I was familiar with this lower from years past, but also knew that it was rude money (as it was billet). That's when they informed me that this was their new one and was a forging (which was much cheaper). Hmmm, looks nice and I like the enlarged mag release and bolt release on the right side of the gun. So I selected one with the standard magwell adaptor and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Finally they came in and I built it using our LPK's and the Geissele SD-C FCG.
    Sorry for the necropost- but I'm thinking of getting the lancer. Has it held up well? IE is it a suitable hard use lower or is it better off staying in the realm of competition?

Who cares about ambi bolt release? I wish it was an ambi bolt LOCK.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    Sorry for the necropost- but I'm thinking of getting the lancer. Has it held up well? IE is it a suitable hard use lower or is it better off staying in the realm of competition?

Who cares about ambi bolt release? I wish it was an ambi bolt LOCK.
    No issues with the lower at all.

C4

Feedback Score
    Very nice! I have a 16" BCM SS barrel and love it, I have yet to shoot it to it's potential but have been able to shoot my first 1 MOA groups with it (69gr SMKs). I'm sure a more experienced shooter could get sub MOA groups with it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

UPDATE!

I got the new VORTEX optics 1-6 HD scope and switched out the 1-4 I had on the gun. I also mounted a Manfrotto tripod system. Waaaay Cool!

Also got to shoot some 5rd groups today with some various loads. All groups ranged between .35-.50.

Hornady 55gr FMJ .223

Hornady 55gr V-MAX .223

Magtech 62gr FMJ 5.56

BlackHills 77gr MK 5.56

Feedback Score
    Awesome shooting!

I picked up some Hornady 55gr Vmax for my 16" SS410, can't wait to try them out.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
    Awesome shooting!

I picked up some Hornady 55gr Vmax for my 16" SS410, can't wait to try them out.
    Hands down, this ammo produced the best group out of the BCM 1/8 twist barrel.

C4

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't have any pictures of groups, but I have some Black Hills blue box loaded with 50 grain V-max and have good success with it out of a BCM 18" SS barrel. It has performed pretty well on groundhogs out to 300 yards.

Feedback Score
    So far my best groups have been with 69gr SMKs, but I haven't tried the 55gr vmax through it yet.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    nice rifle I really like how that came out.Im thinking a varmint style gun with a 18" barrel will be my next adventure

looks like it likes the Hornady loads enough to give you a 4 leaf clover

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast