Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Convince The Wife Your Not Crazy

Feedback Score

How Do You Convince The Wife Your Not Crazy

1st off im new to the forum, with recently picking up an M4, and i like forums, sooo i was checking this one out and came across this section, man i thought i was the only person that felt the need to "hord"

Anyhooo...

Like the title says...how do you convince the wife that its all for a good cause...i tell her, just think of the people that think im goofy,...they wont know what hit'um...and when/if the time comes, that all the thought and perp potentially pays off...i assure her im doing these things to protect her and our children...she seems that its a good idea but on a side note she gives me a "look"......we are still young though, so i would think people my age around here would think...well im not real sure what they would think, besides i havnt told a sole, even close family that im "hording"....ok

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A great way to convince people you aren't nuts is to use proper English spelling, grammar, and capitalization.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Search for the disaster / shtf movie thread. Add all those movies and shows to your netflix queue and begin watching them with her. After 2 movies and half a season of "Survivors" she asked what would we do in that situation. So began the prepping

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    A great way to convince people you aren't nuts is to use proper English spelling, grammar, and capitalization.
    thanks for the great info...ill try to remember that while you are bleesing me with your perfectness...

i got my point across so why give me shit?

if you cant understand then just move on, esay as that

thats just the way i wanted to be welcomed to the site...maybe ill second guess being apart of it..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Going to need some thicker skin for this site. Take it as tough love.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    'How to convince the wife you're not crazy'...first, start by taking the lightbulb out of your ass...then loosen the screws on the tinfoil helmet...and, finally, drive through a getto really slow and tell her that you hope the car doesn't break down because you left your (insert favorite firearm) at home!
    www.king33training.com

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2/1 SFG(A)
    ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM / DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Whos bringin the popcorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    You can't convince a woman she is wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I kinda like her thinking I'm crazy so she leaves me alone.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteknuckels View Post
    thanks for the great info...ill try to remember that while you are bleesing me with your perfectness...

i got my point across so why give me shit?

if you cant understand then just move on, esay as that

thats just the way i wanted to be welcomed to the site...maybe ill second guess being apart of it..
    Welcome to the site, OP.

QuietShootr is correct. You need to have a thick skin here. You could have easily responded by recognizing the deficiency in your communication and apologized instead of getting defensive. It's not a good way to start. You should read this: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: an M4C Style Guide, particularly this section:
    Mechanics and Style.
    The Good: Proper grammar and syntax count, and the more professionally you represent yourself in writing, the better the impression that you will make upon your fellow members. We recognize that not every member has the same ability to express himself (or herself) in writing, and if you happen to fall short while doing the best you can, all will be forgiven.
    The Bad: The larger internet culture seems to embrace a much looser style of communication that dispenses with proper capitalization, punctuation or other fundamentals, and is more liberal in the use of crass language. This is not the place for such shorthand, nor is anyone here going to be impressed by your profanity.
    The Ugly: Younger members, in particular, seem to struggle with this. In the interest of perfect clarity, here's the bottom line: we expect every member to be as professional as possible, and if you have the tools in your toolbox to do it right, please use them.
    Since you are new to the site, I would suggest reading as many of the stickies as you can, there's a lot of good info there.

As far as convincing the wife goes, point to the many recent natural disasters here in America and abroad. If she needs more reason than that, just take up preparation as a hobby and tell her it's just what you like to do. If all you're getting is a "look," I don't see what the problem is. That's just what wives do.
    Last edited by bulbvivid; 07-05-11 at 20:26.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast