Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Survival Guide is back!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you are able to get me a copy I can provide hosting for the files.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Finally found a copy at a local wally world, picked up two copies, one for my father.

It would appear this magazine was bought and now published by Beckett media's family of outdoor publications. Though I cannot find ASG on their home site.

The only thing I did not like about this new printing is the firearms they suggest for "survival". They basically copy and pasted from their sister publication Gun World.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I was glad to see it back but, its not the same I was a subscriber back in the day of it. I've got the first 2 "new" editions so far about all ads. but good to read when setting in a car for hours on end.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    There are two editions out?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blade_68 View Post
    I was glad to see it back but, its not the same I was a subscriber back in the day of it. I've got the first 2 "new" editions so far about all ads. but good to read when setting in a car for hours on end.
    The one I got is Summer/Fall 2012 with the metro sexual in the blaze orange jacket on the cover. I believe this is the first one to be released. Of course I could be wrong so please share what issues you have so far.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 08-16-12 at 01:28.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cowpuncher View Post
    I didn't think it was anything like the old ASG....I've got a bunch of old issues saved in pdf form on my external hard drive, so I went and looked at them too. Still not seeing it...
    I've got a bunch of old issues, saved in my downstairs file cabinet! MOST of them, in fact, from about 1992 - 1997.

I'll be curious to see if ANY magazine can cover the topic as thoroughly as the interwebs do these days. Then again, I KEEP my old analog issues, should the internet go COMPLETELY DDOS someday...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I've got a bunch of old issues, saved in my downstairs file cabinet! MOST of them, in fact, from about 1992 - 1997.

I'll be curious to see if ANY magazine can cover the topic as thoroughly as the interwebs do these days. Then again, I KEEP my old analog issues, should the internet go COMPLETELY DDOS someday...
    I have mine in document protectors and in a large 3 ring binder, most are form the late '80s......too much????
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Any chance of sharing?
    There are a few years in PDf form on Steves Pages.
    I have a few years worth of paper editions that fall in and after the years on Steves pages that I am in the process of scanning into PDFs.
    If any of you have already scanned your copies in I would be interested in getting copies of whatever you have.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tc556guy View Post
    There are a few years in PDf form on Steves Pages.
    I have a few years worth of paper editions that fall in and after the years on Steves pages that I am in the process of scanning into PDFs.
    If any of you have already scanned your copies in I would be interested in getting copies of whatever you have.

Thanks.
    Can you provide a link instead of just saying "Name's pages has em!"

Thanks =P

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alienb1212 View Post
    Can you provide a link instead of just saying "Name's pages has em!"

Thanks =P
    Sorry, from so much time hanging out on the survival sections, of forums, I forget that not everyone knows about Steves Pages

http://stevespages.com/page7e.htm

This gentleman also has a scribd page with past issues available

http://www.scribd.com/buckonbeach
    Last edited by tc556guy; 11-07-12 at 08:29.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast