Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: American Survival Guide is back!

Feedback Score
    They lost me this current issue when their "Gun Expert" wrote an article about the 1911 being "the best" defensive handgun out there and 230GR.FMJ is just as good of a manstopper as a hollowpoint in .45 and don't let sales people tell you diffrent.

I was like "HUH?" This idiot is telling people a slow smooth round object punching right through somebody with nothing in the way of hemmoraghing a lot of tissues/organs as result is as effrective as round that dumps it's energy and cut/tears rips open organs until it stops? What a putz.

For that matter a 1911 is great gun carry one myself, but it is definately NOT the gun i would recomend to a "newbie", I would keep it simpl,e for them because you know they will not practice much and really familiarise themselves with the controls on the gun, so i would limit my recomendation to something that operates simply for them under the stress of a combat situation like a Glock,M&P etc. where all they have to do is clear leather and squeeze the trigger.

I won't even go into his recomendation of loose fitted combat edition of 1911 to allow for rust,mud etc. in the farme and slide area. I was thinking "If haven't payed attention to your sidearm for defense in so long you have rust forming...........YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A GUN OF ANY TYPE!!"
    Last edited by shootist1970; 04-01-13 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah ASG in its latest incarnation is not known as a source for solid firearms related information.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    How's the PDF file going on the back issues?
    Sorry for the delay in responding; somehow I wasn't subscribed to the thread

I'm done with the issues I personally owned or were already on sites like Steves Pages or Scribd.

Until such time as I can come across additional issues that I can scan in, I have turned my attention to scanning in 20 years worth of issues relating to police firearms instruction as well as my overall survival PDF collection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234