Thread: Adding padding to a sling?

Feedback Score

Adding padding to a sling?

I got a Sheriff of Baghdad B-sling for my new AR, which I like very much except that the relatively thin webbing is kind of uncomfortable rubbing against my neck. It's nothing against the sling, I've had the same problem with other similar unpadded slings and I probably just have a more sensitive neck.

Has anyone done a mod to a sling to add padding before, or have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I can do basic sewing.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Is there an existing padded sling you like? I would chop and merge personally.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pads buffer weight and distribute it across a broader surface. A padded sling will simply have padding rub against your neck. I suppose you could use some soft and comfy material that reduces abrasion, but it will not stand up to any meaningful use.

I just checked my padde VTAC. That material is softer than the webbing, esp the edges of the webbing, but that would require a sling swap.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I have a padded VCAS that I like, but it's already on another rifle and I wouldn't want to spend the money to buy a whole new one just for the padding. The padded material is softer than the webbing.