Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR45 RMW DI45 REVIEW *PIC HEAVY*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobslife6826 View Post
    Thanks answering those questions.
    Anytime.

Next AR45 that gets put together, I was thinking of integrating this into it.

Passing thought, I'm still unsure.
    D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SCatalyst View Post
    Anytime.

Next AR45 that gets put together, I was thinking of integrating this into it.

Passing thought, I'm still unsure.

I was actually thinking of using that upper myself, but it has a couple of extra parts, (note the "slide rail") that only adds to complexity, and a possible failure.
    Also you either need to buy their BCG, or have a notch milled into your BCG for it to grab into the side charger handle. (notice the notch cut into the side of the BCG in the 2nd pic, that allows the charger to grab into)
    Not to mention, it is very expensive.

I also considered the LAR OPS 4 upper, but don't really like how the side charger will reciprocate with the bolt. Also it has a "plug" that screws into the back, where the charging handle would normally be, to allow you to be able to remove the BCG (plug in 2nd pic);........I can just see that coming lose and getting lost!!!

With all that said, I ended up just getting the VLTOR MUR 1A
    Last edited by bobslife6826; 09-02-12 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    Here's a pic of my lower.......I'll post pics of the complete gun, once I get the upper from Ron.

Last edited by bobslife6826; 09-02-12 at 23:53.

Feedback Score
    I was actually thinking of using that upper myself, but it has a couple of extra parts, (note the "slide rail") that only adds to complexity, and a possible failure.

Agreed. But it would be cool to see something different. On the other side of the coin, it would be weird to have a carbine that’s not outdoor friendly. If I did build with it, I’d want to torture test the piss out of it. I found that Spike's Tactical actually used these for their 9mm build before their 9mmV1. I asked them about it and what they thought, and they said that Tom at Spikes just wanted to go another direction.

I also considered the LAR OPS 4 upper, but don't really like how the side charger will reciprocate with the bolt. Also it has a "plug" that screws into the back, where the charging handle would normally be, to allow you to be able to remove the BCG (plug in 2nd pic);........I can just see that coming lose and getting lost!!!

I’m not a fan of the reciprocating charger either. Those leave even more access for debris to the receiver. There are other applications that have a side charger (FAL, SCAR, KRISS, R.E.P.R.), but all of which don’t have the bolt as exposed. I also see the side charger having most benefit in prone on a scoped distance getter.

With all that said, I ended up just getting the VLTOR MUR 1A

Great choice. I like mine to the point that I might get another.

Nice! Left handed? Is Ron making you a lefty upper? When you shoot, you have to tell me how you like that trigger. I've been eyeing the Mega trigger for a while. Troy latch plate and stock is a nice touch too.
    Last edited by SCatalyst; 05-28-13 at 21:34.
    D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

Feedback Score
    How does one get ahold of Justin at CNC Guns for one of these lowers? I tried to e-mail but can't tell if it made it. Thanks.

Kattman from Michigan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kattman View Post
    How does one get ahold of Justin at CNC Guns for one of these lowers? I tried to e-mail but can't tell if it made it.
    Email him with the title "Funds ready to send for lower", and I'm sure he'll get back to you in record time...I'm totally joking.

I'm sure he got your email, he prolly hasn't seen it yet. He is a busy guy. If you're looking for a AR45 lower, he had a few left of his lastest batch a few weeks ago.

Fill out this form, then email him that you're good-to-go. He'll get back to you.
    D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

Feedback Score
    SC

Thanks---I'm on it!!

Kattman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SCatalyst View Post
    Nice! Left handed? Is Ron making you a lefty upper? When you shoot, you have to tell me how you like that trigger. I've been eyeing the Mega trigger for a while. Troy latch plate and stock is a nice touch too.
    Thanks, No lefty upper; just a standard VLTOR, so far far from what I can tell, I like the mega trigger; It's easy to install, has a short clean break, and short reset, and it looks bad ass too!!

The Troy latch plate is nice, but I will say it was a pain to install; the bump outs that hold the QD sockets, get in the way of the wrench, making it hard to tighten. As you can probably see from the pic, I'll have no shortage of QD attachment points; as the stock has one on the bottom and one on each side.

The Troy stock is my favorite, especially for an SBR; it's nice and short, has a great cheek well, and the back plate flips down for plenty of storage.

Feedback Score
    An update----had communications with Justin yesterday. Looking good for an AR45 build at this point for me real soon.

Thanks all.

Kattman

Feedback Score
    I just found out that DDLES has officially released their Glock 21 lowers! They refer them as their Glock Large Frame since it accommodates 10mm and 45ACP rounds with large designed GLOCK MAGAZINES!

This is definitely next level...I ordered mine already.
    Last edited by SCatalyst; 09-19-12 at 10:14.
    D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast